Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hodgepodge

This Flynn QB, what is background with the NFL ? Has he been around because he played a nice game and I doubt the Steelers would ever be that fortunate to get a guy of his quality as a back up. The guy seemed very poised, accurate and what have you. Someone will offer him a starting role for next season you can bet.

I always thought that Charlie Batch was a very high quality back up.

The NFL is insane. It's really hard to watch. I have only seen a few Steelers games all the way through, and only one other game this season. I really can't stand having such an important part of my life destroyed, but that is how I feel.

Thank God for hockey, hunting and fishing.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    This Flynn QB, what is background with the NFL ? Has he been around because he played a nice game and I doubt the Steelers would ever be that fortunate to get a guy of his quality as a back up. The guy seemed very poised, accurate and what have you. Someone will offer him a starting role for next season you can bet.
    He received a nice payday from Seattle to start after he threw 6 TD's in a meaningless game a few years ago... Russell Wilson beat him out.

He then went to the Raiders to be their starter... Terell Pryor beat him out.

Flynn is a decent backup but the fumble, INT for a TD and missed TD pass on the final drive are typical Flynn plays. He is a decent back up but he is like Matt Schaub. He won't win you games with his arm and he is prone to lose a few.

I think we have the same thing on our sideline in Gradowski.

Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He received a nice payday from Seattle to start after he threw 6 TD's in a meaningless game a few years ago... Russell Wilson beat him out.

He then went to the Raiders to be their starter... Terell Pryor beat him out.

Flynn is a decent backup but the fumble, INT for a TD and missed TD pass on the final drive are typical Flynn plays. He is a decent back up but he is like Matt Schaub. He won't win you games with his arm and he is prone to lose a few.

I think we have the same thing on our sideline in Gradowski.
    I guess you missed the game against Dallas last week.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

If all the things fall into place for our Steelers and we make the playoffs, what team do you think we will play first ? I only see one weak link to our team right now and that is our center. Once again, if we do make the playoffs, how far do you think we can make it ? As much as the glass is half empty type of guy I am, I always felt we weren't as bad as our record shows because I do buy into Cowhers comment, " there's a fine line between winning and losing. "

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    If all the things fall into place for our Steelers and we make the playoffs, what team do you think we will play first ? I only see one weak link to our team right now and that is our center. Once again, if we do make the playoffs, how far do you think we can make it ? As much as the glass is half empty type of guy I am, I always felt we weren't as bad as our record shows because I do buy into Cowhers comment, " there's a fine line between winning and losing. "
    If we r to make the playoffs we will either go to Cinci or New England. Since we need cinci to win, the only way we play New England first then would be for them to loose to the bills.

I have a feeling if we make it to the playoffs we will do really well or get crushed big time. I don't see them as exchanging punches type games. We could have been sitting pretty if we would have won the no brainer games.