Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Jason Worilds

  1. #11
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    of course you are right. It is so silly of me to expect one of the highest paid pass rushers in the league to actually get pressure on the quarterback. How stupid of me.

    I will take your word for 56 playing well against the run I guess. Personally when you give up 181 yards on the ground, I find it hard to believe anybody's play was above the line in that regard.
    I see what you are saying but 2 plays produced 100 yards... Tannehill and the 55 yarder that set up the game winner.

    That's like someone saying Worilds isn't worth keeping due to 181 rushing yards and letting Clay get open on his first TD.

  2. #12
    so those 2 plays don't count?

    you can't cherry pick. 181 is 181

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    of course you are right. It is so silly of me to expect one of the highest paid pass rushers in the league to actually get pressure on the quarterback. How stupid of me.

    I will take your word for 56 playing well against the run I guess. Personally when you give up 181 yards on the ground, I find it hard to believe anybody's play was above the line in that regard.
    You don't have to be sarcastic & you could have your opinion. I'm going under the assumption you watched the game and know about the 48 yd scramble of the read option by Tannehill when Jones bit. The 55 yard run by Daniel Thomas on 2nd & 1.


    To the X's & O's of that 55 yard play....Which is evidence as to what is going on with the Steelers defense. The Dolphins come out in 11 personnel on 2nd & 1 out of the pistol. The Steelers come out in their "Big Nickel". Which in all reality is actually a dime with 6 DBs on the field with Troy playing LB. 2 DL & 3 LBs. Here is the "pick their poison" I talk about. 11 draws DIME! And that is concern where??? Secondary! That puts 6 in the box with one of them being a 210 DB playing LB. Steelers have to call defense based on offense personnel with no regards to down & distance because the fear the back end. The Dolphins counter with a 9 hole sweep pulling the C & onside G. That's like being on a date with a girl in a dress with no panties. For the girls...That would be like taking your mans credit card shopping. lol The Dolphins are +1 in the box in a conventional offense. With a running QB like Tannehill in pistol (who took a read option 48 yards)...The Dolphins are +2 in the box. WTF! People want to hang everything on the front 7? Timmons didn't call big nickel on the field. The Steelers picked the poison called "pass". X's & O's. Lots of work to do people and sorry to say it starts with the guys in the headsets.



  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post


    I don't care about personal expectations...I worry about X's & O's. You can dislike his performance because of the stat sheets. He provided some pass rush & played well against the run on his limited snaps. They watched his snap count. He could have got upfield on Clay's outside shoulder on the one long run by Daniel Thomas. But Troy punked out on that play. The OC exploited him playing ILB. You don't read C & onside G pulling & retreat. Onside outside the rule...Easy read for LB. Safety sets the edge in big nickel and you have to fill at the LOS to close hole & force inside. Troy does that Heyward makes the play for 0-2 yard gain
    . Woodley wasn't the best LB on the field yesterday but he wasn't in the "terrible" category of Steeler defenders.
    yup, he earned his paycheck yesterday. probably should give him a raise after that performance

  5. #15
    didn't mean to be sarcastic, just disagree that lamar had a good game. You saw it differently.

    I'm gonna rewatch the game later today. I'm curious if lamar was assigned any help by the dolphins or did they handle him 1 on 1. Maybe I should cut him some slack for his 1st game back and playing a new position, but I'm having a hard time doing it. He is paid way too much for the production he is giving.

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    so those 2 plays don't count?

    you can't cherry pick. 181 is 181
    No you can't...But you can't hang it on one. Takes 11 +1 to make the machine go. So where was Woodley terrible? Terrible stat sheet? 181 on Woodley because he is you punching bag? 181 on Heyward who probably imo had one of the most disruptive games I have seen a Steeler DL have in a decade.



  7. #17
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    didn't mean to be sarcastic, just disagree that lamar had a good game. You saw it differently.

    I'm gonna rewatch the game later today. I'm curious if lamar was assigned any help by the dolphins or did they handle him 1 on 1. Maybe I should cut him some slack for his 1st game back and playing a new position, but I'm having a hard time doing it. He is paid way too much for the production he is giving.
    Don't get me wrong. I don't think Woodley is playing as well as he should consistently. I am one for cutting him in '15 if JJ shows up. Woodley didn't make any splash plays yesterday. I don't think he was 100% but I also don't think he was terrible. He outplayed Jones but was outplayed by Worilds.



  8. #18
    jones was awful, no disputing that.

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    so those 2 plays don't count?

    you can't cherry pick. 181 is 181
    who said they don't count?

    The question is do they count against Woodley? I'm not saying they don't because I don't know his responsibility on those plays but it would be foolish to bash Woodley because he is paid big bucks.

    Now, if Woodley was solely the reason for those 2 big plays then sure.. I see your point.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 12-09-2013 at 01:17 PM.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I'm going under the assumption you watched the game and know about the 48 yd scramble of the read option by Tannehill when Jones bit.
    One matter of clarity here... Jones decision on that play wasn't terrible. I watched that play and thought, "people will criticize him on that, but, with an option play, you pick one, take him out and hope your teammates get the next guy. It's why the option works - people try to hover between and not commit until the QB does. By then, it's too late."

    Having said that, i don't think he had a good game - I just don't think THAT play was as bad as I suspect most will view it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •