Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cameron Heyward

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You can't account for injuries...
    In Woodley's case you can. He will get injured during the season, just a matter of when it will happen.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Another reason to love Heyward:

...Al Woods had a big third-down stop and batted a pass. Bengals running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis and rookie Giovani Bernard rushed 17 times for 37 yards. "I was feeding off of Cam," Woods said, referring to Heyward. "Cam told me to go and get after it and I did."

Read more:
    [URL="http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2013/12/16/Gerry-Dulac-s-Two-Minute-Drill-Steelers-vs-Bengals-1/stories/201312160139#ixzz2nfLqbaI0"]http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2013/12/16/Gerry-Dulac-s-Two-Minute-Drill-Steelers-vs-Bengals-1/stories/201312160139#ixzz2nfLqbaI0[/URL]
    If he continues to improve on the field and lead off the field, they may be in the process of filling that leadership vacuum on defense...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cameron is fun to watch. Dude has a serious motor.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Another reason to love Heyward:

If he continues to improve on the field and lead off the field, they may be in the process of filling that leadership vacuum on defense...
    Also, to add context to that, I liked how Collinsworth said how he led the team in fights in training camp.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Also, to add context to that, I liked how Collinsworth said how he led the team in fights in training camp.
    I heard that same comment, but I don't remember reading too much about the fights this past training camp. Maybe because I'm not close to the detailed reports being in a different state. I remember thinking Embernate and Heyward would be the first TC fight when we signed Embernate after the draft, but never heard anything about it.

Heyward does show some intensity which is good to see.

Backup

User Info Menu

Same for Worilds. He was robbed of valuable practice and training time with his team his second season because of the NFL lockout. Then, in his third season, he had wrist surgery early in 2012 that not only kept him off the field all spring but kept him from replacing Harrison when he missed the first three games because of knee surgery.
    Maybe Ed should watch the games instead of just making **** up? Worilds started the first game of 2012 against the Broncos. He had a sack against Manning when he came in unblocked. He played in all 3 games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Maybe Ed should watch the games instead of just making **** up? Worilds started the first game of 2012 against the Broncos. He had a sack against Manning when he came in unblocked. He played in all 3 games.
    I don't think Worilds replaced Harrison as a full time starter in the beginning of 2012. He got spot duty. didn't he split time with Carter? Playing in a game and replacing a player full time are two different things.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Both Worilds and Carter each played around 25 snaps or so in those first few games last season....

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    He doesn't like Worilds for the same reason he doesn't like Timmons. He was reportedly a "Tomlin Pick" at draft time. He's been railing against those guys since they were drafted. It fits his Tomlin stinks agenda.

Since Tomlin was hired, here are the Steelers Draft Picks still playing in the NFL (many are starters):

2007:
    Lawrence Timmons
    Lamar Woodley
    Matt Spaeth
    William Gay

2008:
    Rashard Mendenhall
    Dennis Dixon
    Ryan Mundy

2009:
    Ziggy Hood
    Kraig Urbik
    Mike Wallace
    Keenan Lewis
    Frank Summers
    AQ Shipley
    David Johnson

2010:
    Maurkice Pouncey
    Jason Worilds
    Manny Sanders
    Stevenson Sylvester
    Jonathan Dwyer
    Antonio Brown

2011:
    Cam Heyward
    Marcus Gilbert
    Curtis Brown
    Cortez Allen
    Chris Carter

2012:
    Dave Decastro
    Mike Adams
    Sean Spence
    Alameda Ta'aumu
    David Paulson
    Kelvin Beachum

2013:
    Jarvis Jones
    Leveon Bell
    Markus Wheaton
    Shamarko Thomas
    Landry Jones
    Vince Williams

(Practice Squad: Justin Brown, Nick Williams)

Now personally, I think Colbert is absolutely the man behind the draft and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional IMO. But if you insist on labeling Tomlin as responsible for all draft failures/successes since he's been here, there are quite a few successes on this board. Still way to early to label the 2012 and 2013 classes but it looks like some really good players are going to emerge from those groups too.

Sure there are misses along the way (Sweed, Bruce Davis) but no one hits on every player in every draft. Colbert has been remarkably successful through the Cowher/Tomlin years.

If this year has shown us ANYTHING at all, it should be that we can't be too quick to judge a player based on his first couple of years in the league. Heyward and Worilds both have shown us that.

Uuuh,....yeah Tomlin does stink in terms of being able to evaluate personnel. That only became my "agenda" if you will because it is fact. Granted, i saw that train coming alot earlier than most,...but that's not the point. lol

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Uuuh,....yeah Tomlin does stink in terms of being able to evaluate personnel. That only became my "agenda" if you will because it is fact. Granted, i saw that train coming alot earlier than most,...but that's not the point. lol
    Uh-huh. Clearly your evidence for this "fact" is overwhelming...