Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9th Pick in Draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

9th Pick in Draft

Currently we'd have the #9 pick in the draft. Wonder who we could realistically get?

The way we're playing, I wouldn't be all that surprised if we end up with an even higher pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

We play Cin., GB, and Cle. We could lose all 3 or at best win 2...I see us finishing 6-10. We will pick 8th overall.

I hope we get a OT or a shut down corner. Jake Matthews would be great, but I doubt he makes it out of the top 5.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Mr. Roger Goodell might have something to say about this....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Currently we'd have the #9 pick in the draft. Wonder who we could realistically get?

The way we're playing, I wouldn't be all that surprised if we end up with an even higher pick.
    Definitely looking at a top 10 pick. As far as a position that we could realistically draft, there are so many needs... my first thought is Left Tackle, but I am really curious to see what happens in the off season with the Offensive Linemen who are currently there... Velasco and Levi Brown in particular. I know Brown was a high 1st round pick. Is he the type of guy that could blossom late in his career (like a Max Starks)? I'm sure the talent is there.

I like Kelvin Beachum. The guy is not flashy, but has become a solid/versatile player for us. I think he is a much better prospect at LT than either Adams or Gilbert. As bad as the O-Line was early, I think they had improved tremendously (up until the injuries).

At a glance, the next position would appear to be ILB, but that could largely depend on Shawn Spence. He was very close to being activated this season, so I would assume he is going to be close to 100% in the summer. I am rooting for this guy big time.

You could look at any number of positions I guess, and it very well my come down to best player available. Would love to find a 6'5" receiver (like the kid from Texas A&M).. but I think we have bigger needs at this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

was it ever determined if we lost a pick?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    There was a report today that said that "sources" in the NFL said that we will.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    NFL Network had a report out that we're losing one.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

If we lose a pick at least Tomlin is done!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Töm87 View Post
    If we lose a pick at least Tomlin is done!
    Maybe that is wishful thinking for you, but will never happen. The Rooney's are smart enough to know they have a good coach and want to keep him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

The pick we "may" lose will be a late round pick according to sources
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S