Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 9th Pick in Draft

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't like any of the defensive prospects for the Steelers that they may have a shot at in the Top 15. That may change as underclassman declare...But I will pass on D.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I had a dream that we were gunning for an ILB from Tennessee and the team before us took him. We ended up trading back and ended up with Nix and either purifoy or benjamin (My dream was like I was watching a highlight reel and the only players in it were Purifoy and Benjamin).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I don't like any of the defensive prospects for the Steelers that they may have a shot at in the Top 15. That may change as underclassman declare...But I will pass on D.
    I agree. That is why I think we go OT or the best WR. As much as we need TE, no one worth taking in the Top 10-15. Only defensive position I see that would help us in the Top 10 (unless we go 4-3) is Cornerback but that could be a reach.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

What do you guys think of Jace Amaro if he declares? He's probably a guy that should go in the 10-15 range maybe higher. He's a TE, but might be the best WR in this year's class.

He'd be a big go to target for Ben. Not sure he's ready to play inline as a blocking TE, but he has the size to develop over time. Having him on the field with Heath would definitely take pressure off the outside WRs and help open up more room for Bell in the running game.

I think he could be one of the biggest impact picks we could make depending on where we select. Looks like he has great hands, can go get a ball that's in his vicinity, and runs pretty well in the open field.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You can argue we need a left tackle over a corner, over a nose tackle and you can argue we need a corner or nose tackle over a tackle or what ever scenario you want and all would be correct. The most correct point of all of this is, our front office or picks have not been working out. They kept guys around too long and now with age/injuries or salaries, we are off the scale with what we need. We actually need two corners, a strong and weak safety along with nose tackle and left tackle. Our draft picks haven't been panning out and until we get some sleepers in the draft that step up or free agency signings it doesn't matter who we draft or what position the Steelers go for this up an coming draft season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    What do you guys think of Jace Amaro if he declares? He's probably a guy that should go in the 10-15 range maybe higher. He's a TE, but might be the best WR in this year's class.

He'd be a big go to target for Ben. Not sure he's ready to play inline as a blocking TE, but he has the size to develop over time. Having him on the field with Heath would definitely take pressure off the outside WRs and help open up more room for Bell in the running game.

I think he could be one of the biggest impact picks we could make depending on where we select. Looks like he has great hands, can go get a ball that's in his vicinity, and runs pretty well in the open field.
    I think Amaro will end up being the top rated TE if he declares. I think he is a 18-23 kid. I would have Ebron mid to late 20's & Seferian-Jenkins late 1st. I think Seferian-Jenkins is the better all around TE ala Miller. Since the Steelers have Miller here for 2-3 more years...They could take Amaro & Ebron and work on their inline blocking. However, Amaro & Ebron may never get to that "complete" status as an inline guy. Seferian-Jenkins may not be as athletic as Amaro & Ebron but he could still do the same things as a receiver. If you work under center more & deploy 2 TE sets from within the box...Seferian-Jenkins is your guy. If you run out of shotgun & deploy 1 &2 sets with #2 spread...Amaro & Ebron will fit better.

Legend

User Info Menu

1.) LT, 2.) NT, 3.) Traded to Cleveland for Shamarko

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    1.) LT, 2.) NT, 3.) Traded to Cleveland for Shamarko
    We will probably receive a comp 3 for the Wallace signing, and then another comp 4 or 5 for the Lewis departure.

Legend

User Info Menu

latest talk seems to be how much the steelers like beachum. hopefully they see him as our future LT so we can focus our attention on wr, te, cb and s.

see my sig.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Amaro is a beast. Miller/Amaro could be a top tier tandem... and bring much needed life to an under achieving offense.

When you look at all of the steelers' needs, you don't necessary think tight end with Pick 1, but I think they could do much worse than Amaro.