Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 9th Pick in Draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    shame we traded away our 3rd, but at least the backup backup QB position is secure
    Scary thing is he was the FOURTH best QB in preseason.
    Can a guy YOU KNEW was gonna be third string be a bust?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

he is 8th in rec. yards for a rb. that would be above average for you mathematically challenged

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Scary thing is he was the FOURTH best QB in preseason.
    Can a guy YOU KNEW was gonna be third string be a bust?
    scary thing is we wasted a 4th on a 3rd string QB and some fans still defend the selection

laughable

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Currently we'd have the #9 pick in the draft. Wonder who we could realistically get?

The way we're playing, I wouldn't be all that surprised if we end up with an even higher pick.
    Personally my first round board goes as such,... OLB Anthony Barr, WR Mike Evans and NT Louis Nix. Realistically, we probably land Nix. However that is still a considerable win for us as Nix will more than likely go on to be one of the best in the league at his position. A position that just so happens to one of need for us in particular.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Personally my first round board goes as such,... OLB Anthony Barr, WR Mike Evans and NT Louis Nix. Realistically, we probably land Nix. However that is still a considerable win for us as Nix will more than likely go on to be one of the best in the league at his position. A position that just so happens to one of need for us in particular.
    I'd take Barr in a heartbeat if he's there. And I'd be happy if we came away with Nix. I was really hoping Star was gonna fall to us last draft. I've always wondered if we woulda taken him over JJ if they both fell to us?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'd take Barr in a heartbeat if he's there. And I'd be happy if we came away with Nix. I was really hoping Star was gonna fall to us last draft. I've always wondered if we woulda taken him over JJ if they both fell to us?
    I liked lotulelei as well Flip, would have been a great fit. But something tells me the Tomlin/Colbert connection seemed bent on Jones so as to save face and or justify letting James walk ?

However with that said, i think Jones could pan out when and if he becomes more comfortable and plays with a great deal more aggression.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm rooting for a Top 10 pick because that is Top 10 in every round not just the 1st. We have lots of holes, but MUST start with a Left Tackle.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    We have lots of holes, but MUST start with a Left Tackle.
    Fair enough Oviedo,...start in the trenches when building or rebuilding. However,...say we go OT and the defense which has been our strength for years while our Roethlisberger led offenses put up numbers yet consistently failed to score points,....would enter another season with no real help to improve in terms of personnel.

We are in bad shape after wasting draft after draft and something has to give,....do we er on the side of the log jam of O lineman that we currently have getting healthy and the offense being able to be relatively sound ? And then address the traditional heart and soul of this organization,...the defense ?

Or do we keep drafting O-lineman and allow the Defense to get progressively worse ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Fair enough Oviedo,...start in the trenches when building or rebuilding. However,...say we go OT and the defense which has been our strength for years while our Roethlisberger led offenses put up numbers yet consistently failed to score points,....would enter another season with no real help to improve in terms of personnel.

We are in bad shape after wasting draft after draft and something has to give,....do we er on the side of the log jam of O lineman that we currently have getting healthy and the offense being able to be relatively sound ? And then address the traditional heart and soul of this organization,...the defense ?

Or do we keep drafting O-lineman and allow the Defense to get progressively worse ?
    We used a 1st Round pick on an OLB this year who isn't good enough yet to play. Left Tackle is the #1 need on this team probably followed by a Nose Tackle if we remain stuck with the same defense.

I would probably go:

1) LT
    2) ILB or NT
    3) Safety
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

If we lose a pick at least Tomlin is done!