Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9th Pick in Draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    who has contributed? jones, invisible. bell, way below average. wheaton, nope. thomas a little i guess.
    like i said, they are drafting the wrong guys or cant coach them up to merit any playing time
    Bell? Whuuuut? Sorry, Bell is definitely contributing and I wished we kept feeding him in the 2nd qtr.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    who has contributed? jones, invisible. bell, way below average. wheaton, nope. thomas a little i guess.
    like i said, they are drafting the wrong guys or cant coach them up to merit any playing time
    Bell way below average? What team are you watching?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think someone said Bell has 900 total yards... 4th in Steelers history as a rookie and he missed a few games.

Bell is definitely showing something.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think someone said Bell has 900 total yards... 4th in Steelers history as a rookie and he missed a few games.

Can you image what he would do behind a real OL?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Bell currently at 847 yds. just behind Worley, gotta ways to go to catch Bam and Franco (1235 yds). Still, that's some lofty company.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dude said way below average...lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would be way below average. Bell is right on target to be "well above average".
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Bell??? seriously?... if you don't see the talent there I am glad you don't work in the Steelers front office.
    I do think he's still a work in progress and getting better. The thing I was most critical of was his blitz pickup and I think he's finally starting to get that. Early in the season he was a downright awful blocker. He'd lunge and miss everyone. These last few weeks, he's bailed out Ben a few times and I think it's actually helped lower Ben's sacks during this recent run.

The other questions about him in my mind are his speed and consistency. His 3.3 YPC are downright awful compared to the premiere backs in the league. I do see him improving his ability to pick his way through traffic and get some positive yards where it doesn't look like there's any. But his problem right now is his lack of speed to get outside or to put up any big runs to help his average. That's fine, but if he's gonna have to be a plodder between the tackles, he might have to get a little stronger and more physical so he can more violently attack the LOS to get his YPC up.

He's got great feet dancing thru the holes. But he either needs a little more speed or a little more power so he can hit the holes more decisively and get in the 4+ YPC range.

He's been a pleasant surprise as a receiver out of the backfield. And I'd say coming back next year, I do expect him to change the whole complexion of this offense with that dimension to his game.

So to a degree, I get someone saying Bell is below average because his YPC is. And there's a lot of room for improvement. At the same time, I do see him getting better.

Legend

User Info Menu

bell is 24th in the league in rushing yards. 32 starting rbs in the league. 16 is half of 32. 24th is a lower ranking than 16th so 24th would be below the average..........pretty simple math really.

Legend

User Info Menu

yards per game he is 21st. still below 16 which still means below average