Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 9th Pick in Draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    bell is 24th in the league in rushing yards. 32 starting rbs in the league. 16 is half of 32. 24th is a lower ranking than 16th so 24th would be below the average..........pretty simple math really.
    So you are going by just total rushing yards when he hasn't started several games due to injury? I suppose when you have an ax to grind.

And to Flippy, rookie running back behind one of the worst OL's in the NFL...who is only getting better with each game. What running back in this league not named Peterson could run any better without blocking in front of him?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    So you are going by just total rushing yards when he hasn't started several games due to injury? I suppose when you have an ax to grind.

And to Flippy, rookie running back behind one of the worst OL's in the NFL...who is only getting better with each game. What running back in this league not named Peterson could run any better without blocking in front of him?
    yeah.. I'm not getting that one at all. I trust my eyes over a stat line...

Bell was running great in the 1st quarter and for some odd reason we stopped using him in the second qtr. This was the perfect game for a cold weather RB like Bell to take over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Töm87 View Post
    If we lose a pick at least Tomlin is done!
    Maybe that is wishful thinking for you, but will never happen. The Rooney's are smart enough to know they have a good coach and want to keep him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

There's a lot of backs that would do better at this point. Bell's still got work to do. He's not the physical runner that guys like AP, Lynch, etc and he doesn't have the athleticism of guys like McCoy, Charles, Bush, Foster, Rice, Williams, Bernard, etc.

Sure the line has an impact, but I think there's a lot of great backs that would do well irregardless of the OLine.

Bell's improving. And I hope he continues. I'd like to see him get stronger and more decisive. I do think there's so huge long term potential if he keeps working at it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Miami was 25th in rushing defense coming into the game. Should have run the wheels off Bell in the second half. What did he get, 5 carries? That's hard to defend by Haley and Tomlin, as he needs to step in and say something if the play calling makes no sense.

Legend

User Info Menu

ok, 21st in average yards per game.
    no axe. i like him and hes from my school. seen him a ton in person. just cant get excited about his 58 yards a game and his pathetic ypc.
    if he was on any other team and we were facing them, would anybody here say, 'that guy is very good, we need to stop him'?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We need a shut down corner and one that can intercept the ball. I would also do so free agent signing if they decide to get rid of some of the fat salary players like Woodley, Troy and whomever. The trouble is, who do we have to replace the Troy's and Ryan's on this team ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    ok, 21st in average yards per game.
    no axe. i like him and hes from my school. seen him a ton in person. just cant get excited about his 58 yards a game and his pathetic ypc.
    if he was on any other team and we were facing them, would anybody here say, 'that guy is very good, we need to stop him'?
    I think a better question is what other team would say "our RB is playing very good so lets stop him ourselves?"

1st quarter: Bell 9 carries... 40 yards. On the drive we fed him it resulted in a TD.

2nd qtr: 1 carry.. 4 yards.

then in the 3rd quarter..

run for 6, pass for 10, run for 9... end result TD

4th quarter..

pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass...

If we just fed the kid against the 25th rushing D we would have probably won.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Kind of reminded me of Arians. Not sticking to with what was working.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Kind of reminded me of Arians. Not sticking to with what was working.
    what's up fezz, how have you been?

you make a good point, that is eerily reminiscent of Bruce Arians...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha