Thread: This D is awful

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It's an exaggeration to say LeBeaus defenses never get pressure. When the talent is there, the sacks occur and it really hasn't been all that long ago they had the talent for a 40 sack season. In fact, the chart shows remarkable consistency DESPITE the rules instituted to favor the offense;
    chart.jpg
    When the talent isn't there you need to be more creative IMO. Cornerback blitz would be nice from time to time when facing a QB who never plaued in snow...

Seattle found a bunch of cast offs and built a nice secondary. Its isnt a bunch of high draft picks at every position. Do we really need talent all over the field for a great DC to dial up some pressure?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    When the talent isn't there you need to be more creative IMO. Cornerback blitz would be nice from time to time when facing a QB who never plaued in snow...

Seattle found a bunch of cast offs and built a nice secondary. Its isnt a bunch of high draft picks at every position. Do we really need talent all over the field for a great DC to dial up some pressure?
    Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, Brandon Browner and Kam Chancellor aren't exactly cast-offs.

in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 the Seahawks won 4 games, 5 games, 7 games and 7 games. They had 4-straight awful seasons to stockpile draft picks. Reaping the benefits now.
    Last edited by steelsnis; 12-08-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, Brandon Browner and Kam Chancellor aren't exactly cast-offs.

in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 the Seahawks won 4 games, 5 games, 7 games and 7 games. They had 4-straight awful seasons to stockpile draft picks. Reaping the benefits now.
    Pats also stockpile draft picks... I understand its cyclical and teams like the Panthers, 49ers and Seahawks are surging but I heard the Seahawks found a few cast offs who have chips on their shoulders due to being snubbed by other teams.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/sports/football/seahawks-towering-secondary-is-batting-away-conventional-wisdom.html?_r=0[/url]

DB has 2 fifth rounders at are 6"-2" and an undrafted guy from the CFL

We had Lewis and didn't give him an offer. I like Shark but I think we need some players who have something to prove.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Pats also stockpile draft picks... I understand its cyclical and teams like the Panthers, 49ers and Seahawks are surging but I heard the Seahawks found a few cast offs who have chips on their shoulders due to being snubbed by other teams.

[URL]http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/sports/football/seahawks-towering-secondary-is-batting-away-conventional-wisdom.html?_r=0[/URL]

DB has 2 fifth rounders at are 6"-2" and an undrafted guy from the CFL

We had Lewis and didn't give him an offer. I like Shark but I think we need some players who have something to prove.
    I wanted them to keep Lewis too.

Getting a bunch of cast-offs to play above their pay-grade isn't something you can count on, but it's easier for them to do so with a bunch of studs Thomas, Chancellor and Sherman on the field at the same time.

Lebeau's scheme works; when you have he players to run it effectively. Need a big NT in there next year and another CB. That plus a year of seasoning for Jones, Thomas, Williams (Spence?) and things will look much better.

I absolutely love Heyward this year and think Worilds needs to be resigned. Add a big NT and watch the sack/pressure numbers go up. Then the CB's can start to play more press coverage.