Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: This D is awful

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You don't put Safety's at ILB to "extend" their career.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    no kidding. you put them there to 'end' their careers. (which in polamalu's case might be a good idea)
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Putting Troy at LB is just desperation and shows the guy running the defense has no answers.

However you can put CBs at Free Safety to extend their careers, i.e. Ike Taylor replacing Clark. Thoughts?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Putting Troy at LB is just desperation and shows the guy running the defense has no answers.

However you can put CBs at Free Safety to extend their careers, i.e. Ike Taylor replacing Clark. Thoughts?
    So much wrong with this post...

Putting Troy as LB on passing downs is a pretty good idea...he just needs to execute...

No thank you to Ike at FS....I prefer someone with hands at that position...

Legend

User Info Menu

The 3-4 can be executed lots of different ways, e.g. 1 gap vs zero gap, press coverage versus tackle the catch. Don't have to change the base formation.

My point about the 4-3 has always been primarily based on it is easier to replenish the talent because players come from college and step into their natural positions versus being "conversion projects." The problem with "Conversion projects" that take a couple years is that you can't afford more than a couple misses because the problem just becomes bigger. I think our defense is struggling because too many of the conversions have failed.

Both defenses work, but my articulation of wanting to see the 4-3 considered has always been because I think there is a greater ability to get players on the field sooner and the margin for error is more forgiving.
    and yet teams continue to make the switch to the 3-4.... knowing the lack of available players. Sorry, not buying your theory.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Leadership might be all we're missing from James ... His play this year ... yeah, right, we should have kept him. As a matter of fact, based on leadership alone, let's bring back Harrison (when he's released by Cincy), Farrior, Hampton, Ward, Batch aaaand ..... Jerome Bettis ... That'll right the ship for sure. There come's a time as "The Emperor" said when it's just time to get on with "your life's work" ... even if that work is enjoying retirement.
    You do understand Harrison is now playing a in 4-3 after playing his entire career in a 3-4. Per Oviedo, square peg, round hole.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Slap, what constitutes a passing down in today's NFL?
    I think Ovedio pretty much summed it up.
    While i don't agree with jumping to the 3-4, i do believe LeBeau needs to retire.
    LeBeau could be some of these kids' great-grandfather.
    Go spend time with your own grand-children, i've seen enough.
    Hopefully so have the Steelers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

another joke of a post.

first you say DL can't comprehend how to use players and make adjustments and then, in the same thread, you say the changes he makes are out of desperation and that he has no answers. Which is it?

agendas, how do they work?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

awful is what I saw last night, Cowboys D made McCown look like an All Pro...this is the type of team we're going to get when we are spreading the wealth with the salary cap. This is what Goodell created, parity.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    another joke of a post.

first you say DL can't comprehend how to use players and make adjustments and then, in the same thread, you say the changes he makes are out of desperation and that he has no answers. Which is it?

agendas, how do they work?
    So following your logic, we should move Timmons to Free safety because it is an "adjustment." He does has as many INTs as any of our DBs over the past couple of years. Just doing something doesn't mean you are doing the right thing. But keep up the cyber stalking, you continue to be amusing as yopu feebly try to criticize while offering nothing of your own.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"