Thread: Special Teams ?

Pro Bowler

Special Teams ?

Wheaton was being left uncovered as a gunner on punt formations.
    I know it was snowing but wouldn't/shouldn't the coaching staff noticed that?
    Perhaps a fake and pass especially on that punt from midfieldish that was blocked?

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Wheaton was being left uncovered as a gunner on punt formations.
    I know it was snowing but wouldn't/shouldn't the coaching staff noticed that?
    Perhaps a fake and pass especially on that punt from midfieldish that was blocked?
    oh man, how can I say this... this coaching staff is a joke.... we as fans see this sh!t and it seems obvious... but of course, we didn't atleast try to throw it outside... ESPECIALLY WITH OUR SEASON ON THE LINE>.....

Perhaps the coaching staff realized that somebody that didn't handle the ball very often would have to throw it about 25 yards to Wheaton in the snow. That is far from a guaranteed completion.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Perhaps the coaching staff realized that somebody that didn't handle the ball very often would have to throw it about 25 yards to Wheaton in the snow. That is far from a guaranteed completion.
    I acknowledge your observation... however I think we should have tried... ESPECIALLY since it happened more than once... you think if they are on the sidelines they would talk and say if this happens again we are going to throw it outside... but ohhhhh wellllllll , no guts no glory I guess...

Legend
    Yeah.. I could see if we had a punter who toosed a few already but we have no idea if that guy can throw at all let alone in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That's it, but I think it's a risk worth taking. You've got to figure the punter has to have some sort of athletic ability to make it all the way to the NFL. Perhaps he can throw a football?

I think lousy defense lost the game (poor tackling) more than special teams.