Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lets talk WOODLEY

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    since his big payday, woodley has been underwhelming for the most part.
    do you think the guy milks his injuries, comes back earlier than he should or returns at the appropriate time?
    do you think the play of worilds and the talk of a potential june first release influenced him returning this week?
    will it influence his effort from here on out or do you think he gives maximum effort regardless of how well worilds has played or the cap hit vs production talks?
    will it influence whether he gets 'injured' from here on out and if he does will he play thru it or take more games off?
    The best season start of Woodley's careeer was the year after his deal, pre-injury. He was on pace for a Steeler record for sacks.

Hall of Famer
    LeBeau's defense is based on strong LB play. The Steelers cannot afford to have a starter in and out of games as often as Woodley is. I can only imagine how Timmon's feels busting his butt every week while Wood rides the pine.......

Pro Bowler
    LAME R WOODLEY.................1 assist
    i guess he's good with what he has and realizes his contract has handcuffed the team................pathetic

Pro Bowler
    called that one didnt i?
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    JH did it right and since he didnt take a paycut people turned on him even though he did more than enough to warrant full pay.

Fans want it all and our expectations are unrealistic... sometimes we even misremember how great these players are/were in order to fuel our agenda.

Not saying Woodley doesn't have flaws but fans expect 15 sacks while having no idea what the assignment s and game plans are from week to week.
    JH fdid it about as WRONG as anyone could. He left a team that had a defense that was designed or him to be successful for one that had no real role for him because he doesn't fit their defense and he took less money from the new team. That is just plain stupid.

JH was not great, he was close to being washed up and the front office knew it. His performance on the Bumgals pretty much confirmed it.

JH did nothing right at the end of his time with the Steelers except massage his ego.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    JH fdid it about as WRONG as anyone could. He left a team that had a defense that was designed or him to be successful for one that had no real role for him because he doesn't fit their defense and he took less money from the new team. That is just plain stupid.

JH was not great, he was close to being washed up and the front office knew it. His performance on the Bumgals pretty much confirmed it.

JH did nothing right at the end of his time with the Steelers except massage his ego.
    I disagree... if he is "washed up" then he took less money to be on a team headed for the playoffs.

There was no reason why JH should have taken a paycut with Woodley, Ike and Troy on the team.

JH felt his contract should be honored and when you look at his body of work I agree with him.

When the playoffs start we will be watching him and the bungles... he isnt losing any sleep over losing a few mill.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I disagree... if he is "washed up" then he took less money to be on a team headed for the playoffs.

There was no reason why JH should have taken a paycut with Woodley, Ike and Troy on the team.

JH felt his contract should be honored and when you look at his body of work I agree with him.

When the playoffs start we will be watching him and the bungles... he isnt losing any sleep over losing a few mill.

the bengals were the only team that made him an offer. he didnt chose a team that he thought was headed for the playoffs.
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Hall of Famer
    I think the only hope now is to find some team willing to take him in a trade. I know that is slim but it would absolve us of his contract. Maybe if we gave up a 5th rounder ...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I think the only hope now is to find some team willing to take him in a trade. I know that is slim but it would absolve us of his contract. Maybe if we gave up a 5th rounder ...
    Trading him does the same to a salary cap as cutting a player or the player retiring. The new team would be on the hook for the salary, but the Steelers are still on the hook for his pro-rated SB of about $13M.

Atlanta Dan: Gerry Dulac posted today that he thinks Lamar Woodley is gone after this season. Given today's injury report do you think Woodley has played his last game as a Steeler?

Ed Bouchette: I think that's possible, and I also think that's all GD wrote, that it is possible, not that he thinks he is gone.

Hubers Wired Jaw: Steelers would appear to be in bigger trouble next year if they plan to release Woodley (as Gerry suggests in separate post today is in process) and they are unable to secure Worilds. OLB used to be the team strength yet could quickly be a serious vulnerability. Any idea what is likely to occur?

Ed Bouchette: They would need to sign Worilds before they would make any move with Woodley. If Worilds leaves, Woodley stays

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...#ixzz2nmWNv0wL