Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 Top Candidates to Replace Todd Haley This Offseason

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Mike Shula.... I know it isn't going to happen but if, IF, Haley left I would love to have an OC like Shula. They bashed him early on but he has dialed up some great plays in Carolina.

A flea flicker TE screen? Tons of misdirection plays... and sweeps with a bruising RB in Mike Tolbert.

We are still extremely predictable on O. I would like to see more creativity than 5 or 6 bubble screens to set up a fake bubble screen.
    i agree but that fake bubble screen was a thing of beauty

Starter

User Info Menu

I fully believe Haley will be fired. I agree with squidkid. That is not a very promising list of candidates. I think Randy Fichtner will ultimately end up with the job. My gut says Fichtner will be a cross between Arians and Whiz, and that would be a good thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i agree but that fake bubble screen was a thing of beauty
    I loved it as well.... but it feels like we sacrificed a good 20 drives and a few wins to set up that one fake.

I agree with your take on that list...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    If you go by performance, I'd say Lebeau should go over Haley. I know most don't like Haley and I can see why but I do think Haley has outperformed Lebeau from a coaching standpoint this season.
    100% agree, Dick brings nothing new or exciting. But with that said they both need to go.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And if one or both are not gone, then Tomlin need to go.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    And if one or both are not gone, then Tomlin need to go.
    we keep both and fire Tomlin.... stupid idea.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Not to mention a hall of famer. Guys like Haley are a dime a dozen. Haley is one of the worst offensive coordinators in the league. "Unproven" would be describing him kindly.
    Unproven is kind of what you want. I don't think you want a big-name guy. You want a young, hungry, hard-working, creative guy.

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Haley WILL be back for year #3, as they are gonna make a push to make the playoffs here. (gotta beat Miami though)
    I'm not so sure. If you've watched MIA (I have, since I bet they'd win 8 games). They certainly don't move the dial, but they are in every game they play. It seems like a good situation for us, but I'm scared.

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    this guy has to be kidding.
    an old geezer
    a first year qb coach of alex smith
    a rb coach when the league is a passiong league now
    frank reich
    a qb coach of a half season qb like foles
    kirby wilson.............our running game is a disgrace and we want him calling the shots? he should be fired but wont be.......

please.......you're telling me there isnt some proven commodities out there or young whiz kids in college that can produce points.
    i would stick with haley over these bums
    Haha. You said it. The only candidate there that I see is Fichtner. How is Kirby Wilson so highly regarded, coaching our RBs for the last few years?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How about none of the above. The Offense is showing great signs of improvement despite an OL that can't stay healthy and people want to fire the OC? smh...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    If you go by performance, I'd say Lebeau should go over Haley. I know most don't like Haley and I can see why but I do think Haley has outperformed Lebeau from a coaching standpoint this season.
    ONE SEASON does not a career make.
    Our defense has been number one in yards and or points 7 times under DL.
    We are ONE SEASON removed from the last time.

NEVERTHELESS, in THIS season, DLs FIRST AND ONLY sub top10 defensive season with us EVER, it ranks HIGHER than our Offense measure by BOTH yards and scoring.
    No Haley is BY NO MEASURE better than DL.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    ONE SEASON does not a career make.
    Our defense has been number one in yards and or points 7 times under DL.
    We are ONE SEASON removed from the last time.

NEVERTHELESS, in THIS season, DLs FIRST AND ONLY sub top10 defensive season with us EVER, it ranks HIGHER than our Offense measure by BOTH yards and scoring.
    No Haley is BY NO MEASURE better than DL.
    You watch the games, Lemming. Don't kid yourself. We've faced Geno Smith, Jason Campbell, Matt Cassel, Jake Locker, EJ Manuel, Terrelle Pryor, Aaron Pryor, and Richard Pryor.

We should be ranked #1 in the league this year, if we were any good on defense.