Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Cook: Finest moment for Mike Tomlin as Steelers coach

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Tomlin's "smirk" was like 10 mins after the play when they showed it 5-times in a row in the stadium Jumbotron. He was smirking when the crowd was going crazy. It's not like the play ended and Tomlin started to laugh like he got away with something.

The highlight has been edited to make it look like he did it and started immediately cracking up. Not the case.
    It wasn't that long but it was obvious he was being joked on the sideline by coaches and players. The probably repeated a cliche line he uses when players get too close to the field.

Seems like most people who are fans of Tomlin are giving him the benefit of the doubt.. and those who are skeptical of him think he did it on purpose.

Starter

User Info Menu

It was a good while because they had cut to commercial after the play ended. He was chuckling about it then, after they had shown the replay over and over again on the big screen in the stadium.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    It comes down to the old adage... "What have you done for me lately"?
    Really? Why are certain posters calling for Cowher, then?

What has he done lately?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    If you've always been impressed with the way that he represents the Steelers, then I don't know how you (at least initially) thought it was intentional. Mike always sounds polished and prepared. He's an intelligent guy. So think about how stupid someone would have to be to see a kick return coming your way and while looking at the jumbotron - which is likely what everyone is seeing on TELEVISION - start inching his way towards the field, knowing that the entire PRIMETIME viewing audience is watching !!! You would have to be incredibly stupid to do such a thing intentionally. The only other explanation would be a heat-of-the-moment intentional act that you did out of sheer frustration - like Cowher did years ago, where it clouds your immediate judgment. When I first saw it live and when I see it now, I thought it was a stupid ACCIDENT. And like always, Tomlin is handling the aftermath with extreme class.
    You will need to help me with your logic. So, if someone is articulate and poised, it's impossible for them to lose their head in an emotionally charged situation? I looked at the film, it looked intentional. I also found it odd that he wandered onto the field during one of the most crucial plays in the game. I'm still very skeptical. But, like I said, he is taking the heat like a champ. He is so good with words that he has me doubting what I seen.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

When I first looked at the play, I had some suspicions that he was trying to lend the coverage crew some help, but in the aftermath and after listening to Tomlin, I am convinced that he has too much integrity to try to pull off something that blatantly illegal. Especially when he is fully aware that there are millions of eyes on his every move. Maybe on the golf course, you move your ball when no one is looking, but this? He overdoes it with the "Obviouslys", when he speaks but I think he handles the spotlight pretty well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You will need to help me with your logic. So, if someone is articulate and poised, it's impossible for them to lose their head in an emotionally charged situation? I looked at the film, it looked intentional. I also found it odd that he wandered onto the field during one of the most crucial plays in the game. I'm still very skeptical. But, like I said, he is taking the heat like a champ. He is so good with words that he has me doubting what I seen.
    back turned to the play and timed it perfectly with a moving target.. amazing

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Really? Why are certain posters calling for Cowher, then?

What has he done lately?
    I can't answer for those folks. All I can say he is taking this team in the wrong direction.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

there's nothing that I ever heard of from his past that he would do something like this on purpose. i don't know, maybe he had a weak moment or something and thought he'd get cute. only tomlin knows for sure but i'm sure of one thing. " if the ravens coach would have done this, he would have done this with intent. "

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How could have it been on purpose? It appears to me that Tomlin did not move UNTIL the play was upon him. WHAT, does he have super powers or ESP that the play would happen to be run back that far, or to that side of the field? I don't buy it.

Of course, he shouldn't of been there. But I don't see him move AT ALL until the play is there. I can see it intentional if he were moving as the play developed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    back turned to the play and timed it perfectly with a moving target.. amazing
    Wasn't he looking at the jumbotron?
    Trolls are people too.