Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Ron Cook: Finest moment for Mike Tomlin as Steelers coach

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Just like Cowher won with Noll's players...then had a few non-playoff seasons...
    Scattering in a few "Non Playoff Seasons" here and there is a little different than Tomblin's situation I think. This team has been in obvious decline since GB smacked us in the SB. Next year will tell the tale of Mike Tomblin with the Steelers. Better get double digit wins next year or I say he's out.
    Last edited by Ernie; 12-08-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Scattering in a few "Non Playoff Seasons" here and there is a little different than Tomblin's situation I think. This team has been in obvious decline since GB smacked us in the SB. Next year will tell the tale of Mike Tomblin with the Steelers. Better get double digit wins next year or I say he's out.

Honestly, I have always had the feeling that Ben lost some of his Mojo after Midgeville. This was apparent even in the SB year. The Ben of 2008 would not have muddled up the final drive against GB so horribly. Nor would he have overthrown a free and unchecked Wallace by a mile -- a potentially game changing throw.

Legend

User Info Menu

SB loss
    12-4 playoff loss to Tebow
    8-
    This season...

We would have to lose 14 games for Tomlin to be out. Some of you are the same type of fans who get mad during FA when we don't go out and get a ton of picks.

Our FO doesn't react like fans.... they are patient and methodical. Tomlin is fine.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Addressing #2: Cowher started the previous year 2-6 and finished the 2nd half 6-2.
    The yr. started off with Ben having an appendectomy after a motorcycle accident.
    This is very true and they came within a whisker of the play-offs, playing very, very good ball. Also, this was the season Bill Cowher learned his wife was terminally ill. I have nothing but respect for the way Bill Cowher handled his last season in the 'Burgh.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Just like Cowher won with Noll's players...then had a few non-playoff seasons...
    Can you not read? Cowher didn't win with Noll's players. They were almost ALL gone by the time he went to the SB. In the SB year he had 3 of "Noll's" players on defense and Woodson missed the ENTIRE year. So please stop with that non-sense. When Tomlin won his SB he had 9 of Cowher's offensive starters and 10 defensive starters. It's a stupid comparison because it just isn't true.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Can you not read? Cowher didn't win with Noll's players. They were almost ALL gone by the time he went to the SB. In the SB year he had 3 of "Noll's" players on defense and Woodson missed the ENTIRE year. So please stop with that non-sense. When Tomlin won his SB he had 9 of Cowher's offensive starters and 10 defensive starters. It's a stupid comparison because it just isn't true.
    Um, Cowher had *none* of Noll's players the year he won the SB.
    He had the 3 or whatever leftovers the year he *lost* the SB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    SB loss
    8-
    This season...

We would have to lose 14 games for Tomlin to be out. Some of you are the same type of fans who get mad during FA when we don't go out and get a ton of picks.

Our FO doesn't react like fans.... they are patient and methodical. Tomlin is fine.
    Tomblin is fine huh? It sounds to me like you are ok with the direction this team is headed.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tomblin is fine huh? It sounds to me like you are ok with the direction this team is headed.
    Why do you always spell it "Tomblin"?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    SB loss
    8-
    This season...

yup, but the team isnt

Legend

User Info Menu

Of course not... but firing Tomlin isntin our future so it makes no sense to harp on it.