Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Ron Cook: Finest moment for Mike Tomlin as Steelers coach

Tomlin's finest moment...costing us a draft pick in rebuilding year....how low are your expectations...

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Tomlin's finest moment...costing us a draft pick in rebuilding year....how low are your expectations...
    Seriously, have you followed how our draft picks are turning out lately. I doubt it will be a loss.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    Seriously, have you followed how our draft picks are turning out lately. I doubt it will be a loss.
    Our late rounders have been decent lately.. you never know what pick will be the one to pan out.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Why do you always spell it "Tomblin"?
    Sorry about that big guy. I misspelled his name. Anything football related you'd like to add?

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Of course not... but firing Tomlin isntin our future so it makes no sense to harp on it.
    So you are saying that no one else could do the job that "Tomlin" is doing? No disrespect but I just have a hard time buying that.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    So you are saying that no one else could do the job that "Tomlin" is doing? No disrespect but I just have a hard time buying that.
    Hmm... why would we fire Tomlin to get a guy to do exactly what Tomlin is doing?

Its like saying trade Ben so we can get a franchise QB.

Who would you hire? Cowher isnt realistic so please tell me whoyou would replace Tomlin with that would be an improvement?

Starter
    There are a bunch of guys out there right now at the college and pro level (head coaches/assistants, ect) that could do the job that Tomlin has done with this team the last two years. That's just my opinion though, just the same as you think Tomlin is a franchise coach...and that, at best, tomlin's replacement would do no better..

agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Sorry about that big guy. I misspelled his name. Anything football related you'd like to add?
    Seriously? I've noticed somebody spelling his name like that all season. Now I'm not saying that person was you and frankly I don't care enough to find out at this point. However, since whoever that was has been spelling it that way all season I thought it intentional and maybe an attempt at humor which I didn't get. So, I decided to ask. I had no way to know an innocent question would knot up your panties like this. Sorry to hurt your feelings. I've already stated my view on this subject so no, I have nothing football-related to add at this time, but thanks for asking.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Pro Bowler
    [QUOTE=feltdizz;585418]Hmm... why would we fire Tomlin to get a guy to do exactly what Tomlin is doing?

Who would you hire? Cowher isnt realistic so please tell me whoyou would replace Tomlin with that would be an improvement?[/QUOT

so after cowher left you knew tomlin and knew that he would be a great candidate?

Legend
    [QUOTE=squidkid;585653]
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Hmm... why would we fire Tomlin to get a guy to do exactly what Tomlin is doing?

Who would you hire? Cowher isnt realistic so please tell me whoyou would replace Tomlin with that would be an improvement?[/QUOT

so after cowher left you knew tomlin and knew that he would be a great candidate?
    Cowher LEFT.. LEFT is the key word.

I didn't know Tomlin from a can of paint but once I researched him I had faith he would be a good candidate and he has been thus far. Sorry but I'm a realist and I don't expect perfection every year..

especially after 2 SB's in 5 years.