Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Cook: Finest moment for Mike Tomlin as Steelers coach

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I really don't care who's players he's won with. he's won.
    My problem is that our front office continues to be irresponsible with the cap. All of these restructures have caused a nightmare with our depth and ability to extend players.
    If it were just winning then Barry Switzer would be still coaching. Fact is that Tomlin has gone from winning a SB with 97% of the past coaches players to losing a SB to losing to Tim Tebow to 8-8 to at best 9-7 or at worst 5-11 this year. The players that have been drafted under his tenure have not panned out at all. There are few players on this team that are better than the one he took the place of. On offense is Ben and more Ben. On defense it is Keisel, Ike, Clark and Troy.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    If it were just winning then Barry Switzer would be still coaching. Fact is that Tomlin has gone from winning a SB with 97% of the past coaches players to losing a SB to losing to Tim Tebow to 8-8 to at best 9-7 or at worst 5-11 this year. The players that have been drafted under his tenure have not panned out at all. There are few players on this team that are better than the one he took the place of. On offense is Ben and more Ben. On defense it is Keisel, Ike, Clark and Troy.
    Sorry, but on Defense, Keisel sucks this year, as does Clark. Heyward is our best DL ... and btw... Timmons took "FOOTE'S Spot" .. a definite upgrade ...On offense it's Antonio and Ben. DeCastro IS an upgrade over an aging and almost spent Faneca. This idea that Tomlin hasn't drafted "anyone" that's an upgrade or who has panned out is just a myth.
    Truthfully, it doesn't matter ... hold your breath, count to a million, yada yada yada ... Tomlin will still be here. And as much as we all like to act like "WE" own the team and will make this decision .. "WE" don't and won't.
    Last edited by SteelBuckeye; 12-05-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Wasn't he looking at the jumbotron?
    tomlin was watching over his shoulder and saw the play coming toward him. the only reason he's able to say it was unintentional is because who knew standing in that spot the play would end up on top of him. but his actions were intentional once he looked back over his shoulder and waited to make his move when jacoby reached him. it looks so blatant to me. and whatever tomlin says to defend himself just proves he's good at misleading and manipulating.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Addressing #2: Cowher started the previous year 2-6 and finished the 2nd half 6-2.
    The yr. started off with Ben having an appendectomy after a motorcycle accident.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    tomlin was watching over his shoulder and saw the play coming toward him. the only reason he's able to say it was unintentional is because who knew standing in that spot the play would end up on top of him. but his actions were intentional once he looked back over his shoulder and waited to make his move when jacoby reached him. it looks so blatant to me. and whatever tomlin says to defend himself just proves he's good at misleading and manipulating.
    Wow. Who has that tinfoil hat?

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know that there will ever be a consensus on whether Tomlin's actions were intentional or not. To me, it seems obviously not. But I'll say this... if it was intentional, then we have one incredibly dumb coach at the helm. National TV, Primetime game on Thanksgiving, looking at the JUMBOTRON, knowing what's on TV and you're waiting for the play to come to you so that you can attempt to impact its outcome? That just doesn't seem like a Mike Tomlin move to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Really? Why are certain posters calling for Cowher, then?

What has he done lately?
    Cowher has been undefeated since 2006

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I don't know that there will ever be a consensus on whether Tomlin's actions were intentional or not. To me, it seems obviously not. But I'll say this... if it was intentional, then we have one incredibly dumb coach at the helm. National TV, Primetime game on Thanksgiving, looking at the JUMBOTRON, knowing what's on TV and you're waiting for the play to come to you so that you can attempt to impact its outcome? That just doesn't seem like a Mike Tomlin move to me.
    Smart people do dumb things all the time.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Whether you like Mike Tomlin or not he has done nothing during his tenure as the Steelers coach to indicate that he is a cheater, ignorant or stupid, thinking that he was standing on the field to potentially disrupt a Raven's touchdown is ludicrous. He may be many things, but he isn't a cheater or stupid, he got caught up in the moment and failed to get off the field when the play got to him, the Steelers had just closed the gap in the game.

This is so much ado about nothing that it's ridiculous.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Whether you like Mike Tomlin or not he has done nothing during his tenure as the Steelers coach to indicate that he is a cheater, ignorant or stupid, thinking that he was standing on the field to potentially disrupt a Raven's touchdown is ludicrous. He may be many things, but he isn't a cheater or stupid, he got caught up in the moment and failed to get off the field when the play got to him, the Steelers had just closed the gap in the game.

This is so much ado about nothing that it's ridiculous.

Pappy
    Yep. No precedent to indicate he would jeopordize his career and do this intentionally. To think otherwise is just playing to an agenda.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"