Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tomlin fined $100,000; Status of draft picks pending

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Uh oh...I would really like to believe that no picks will ultimately be lost, but Roly Poly Kaboly is ALWAYS wrong!
    Couldn't agree more. That guy is a worthless sports reporter. Kaboly has NO CLUE on what is going on which is pathetic considering he works for a local newspaper.

It seems that when the team hands down punishments, it sometimes alters or lessens the punishment from the league. Maybe the Steelers should suspend Tomlin for 1 game (without pay), donate his game money to an NFL cause (this CTE research stuff / research of better equipment or something) and maybe if they are sitting on the fence about draft picks, this will help their decision. This is a bunch of BS.

Whats the talk about giving the Ravens picks for compensation. I don't know, but this crap smells really bad. This isn't normal to "hold off" with a punishment.
    Don't Forget to bring a Towel

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrible Towlie View Post
    Whats the talk about giving the Ravens picks for compensation.
    That part is just silly. It would be one thing if the Ravens lost the game because of that, or if Jones barrelled into Tomlin and tore his ACL and were lost for the season or something, but Baltimore lost absolutely nothing because of this. Their players and coaches were joking around about it afterward.

You want to talk about much ado about nothing, this is a prime example. The Steelers should have received a letter from the NFL offices with a warning and it should have been done, even a fine is ridiculous for somethig of such little consequence in a football game.

The more decisions that the NFL makes the more I hate watching games and is probably the reason I don't watch any games except for Steeler games. I'd rather watch Happy Days reruns instead of a football game.

The NFL is run by idiots.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Well said... although I'm not sure if it was truly an accident.

The NFL league office is so inconsistent, it's disgusting. I'm not totally surprised by the fine but I'm SHOCKED by the draft pick talk.

Does anyone have Dean Blandino's email address? I would love to chat with Mr Blandino because it's obvious to me that he did not watch a single NFL game on Sunday. I was watching several games on Sunday and at ANY given moment, I could see SEVERAL coaches for either teams standing in that white area. I didn't see a single penalty.

Can Mr Blandino explain that? After all, he is the VP of Officiating. Should every referee be fired because they missed that call in every single football game. Better yet, Mr Blandino should be fired as the VP of officiating because he's not enforcing referees to call this penalty but yet he's critical of one coach (Tomlin) for doing the same thing.

The only difference between Tomlin and all these other coaches this past weekend is that Tomlin being in the white area MIGHT have impacted the play. That's true and that is what deserves the fine but Blandino should shut his mouth about anyone in the white area deserving 15 yard penalties because they didn't even enforce it this past week even after the Tomlin incident.
    I see Pete Carrol on the numbers all the time...

Not sure why people are acting like this is THAT shocking. I could see if he made contact or we won the game but it didn't impact the outcome. I don't have a problem with the fine but the "intentional" part is crazy talk.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    You want to talk about much ado about nothing, this is a prime example. The Steelers should have received a letter from the NFL offices with a warning and it should have been done, even a fine is ridiculous for somethig of such little consequence in a football game.

The more decisions that the NFL makes the more I hate watching games and is probably the reason I don't watch any games except for Steeler games. I'd rather watch Happy Days reruns instead of a football game.

Pappy

the entire league received one the day before but tomlin felt it didnt pertain to him, i guess

Jumbotrons footage can be delayed by a few seconds...

I don't think Tomlin intentionally positioned himself to interfere with Jones because at the time he stepped on the paint, even that second step, he wouldn't have seen Jones heading to the sidelines until after the fact...

Quote Originally Posted by Töm87 View Post
    Assuming Tomlin makes about 6 Millin dollars a year, 100thousand is like 1,7% of his yearly income. He doesn't even notice that
    Doubt he is paid that much. If he is, he's overpaid. But you hit precisely on the point why the League is gonna penalize us Draft Picks. Coaches come and go. What is to prevent a subsequent coach from doing the very same thing if the fine is like water running off his back? Obviously the only way to ensure it is not repetitive is to discipline the organization and nothing says "You messed up" better than the organization being poorer for lack of a Draft Pick. You said it clearly. Penalize the Steelers and they will be sure they read the riot act to future coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    This= $$$$