Thread: Insiders Edge: Dolphins vs Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Insiders Edge: Dolphins vs Steelers

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell, recovering from a concussion, is on track to face the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

Bell has passed all mandatory concussion tests so far this week and, barring a setback, should play against the visiting Dolphins.

Bell said he hasn't experienced any post-concussion symptoms from a frightening goal-line collision near the end of the Steelers' 22-20 loss to the Baltimore Ravens last Thursday night. Bell's helmet popped off after the 6-foot-1, 244-pound rookie and Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith rammed into one another just short of the end zone, and Bell's head slammed off the turf at M&T Bank Stadium.

Bell has practiced both days this week and is expecting a normal workload against the Dolphins.

"I'm fine," Bell said after practice Thursday. "I passed all of my tests."

Bell, who leads the Steelers with 528 rushing yards and five touchdowns, has to pass league-mandated tests leading up to the game, but his recovery has provided good news for the banged-up Steelers (5-7).

One of the bigger questions going into the Sunday's game is the state of the line that Bell will run behind.

Left tackle Kelvin Beachum (knee) has yet to practice this week and right guard David DeCastro (foot) practiced on a limited basis Thursday. The Steelers are already down to their third center because of injuries.

Cody Wallace will make his first NFL start against Miami (6-6), and the Steelers will use their sixth starting line combination this season.

The team's line is so beat up, rookie quarterback Landry Jones couldn't help but wonder if the number of injures is extreme even in a sport as violent as football.

"Landry asked me on the field, 'Is this like normal?' And I'm like, 'No, it's not normal,'" Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley said. "We've got guys that are working hard and we remind them all the time that you don't know when your number's going to be called. You've got to be ready to go."

Mike Adams (ankle) has practiced both days this week and would likely get the nod at left tackle if Beachum is unable to play. Guy Whimper likely would start at right guard if DeCastro is out.

In other Steelers injury news, nose tackle Steve McLendon (ankle) didn't practice for the
    second consecutive day, while outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley (calf) was a full participant. Woodley, who is second on the Steelers with five sacks, has missed the last three games.

[url]http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10084874&src=desktop[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone else believe he hasn't experienced any post "i just got knocked out" concussion symptoms? ImPACT testing is the NFLs way to cover their butts but it isn't effective. The players are smart enough to "dumb down" their baseline testing, so that they don't get held out of games for concussions. I just hope Bell is telling the truth because that hit looked brutal.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Anyone else believe he hasn't experienced any post "i just got knocked out" concussion symptoms? ImPACT testing is the NFLs way to cover their butts but it isn't effective. The players are smart enough to "dumb down" their baseline testing, so that they don't get held out of games for concussions. I just hope Bell is telling the truth because that hit looked brutal.
    I dont believe him at all. There is no way he hasn't experienced headaches from the concussion.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I don't believe him at all. There is no way he hasn't experienced headaches from the concussion.
    Different guys react to these things differently. Coming from the boxing world, I've seen guys get brutally KO'd and be fine shortly thereafter. I've seen other guys that won the fight and then collapsed in the locker room afterwards.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Interesting to see what they'll do with Woodley and Worilds this sunday.. I think it'll shed some light on the future thoughts of our defensive coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Different guys react to these things differently. Coming from the boxing world, I've seen guys get brutally KO'd and be fine shortly thereafter. I've seen other guys that won the fight and then collapsed in the locker room afterwards.
    You are right about that. Some peoples brains are better built to withstand the trauma from head injuries.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Interesting to see what they'll do with Woodley and Worilds this sunday.. I think it'll shed some light on the future thoughts of our defensive coaches.
    I believe Worilds will stay on the left and Woodley will move to the right while Jarvis Jones moves to the bench.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha