Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nothing Bad To Say

Starter

User Info Menu

Nothing Bad To Say

Steelers put forth a good effort in defeat. There should be no fire Tomlin or trade Ben talk today. The Steelers went into a primetime matchup against a division rival with playoff chances on the line. I thought both teams played well. We just didnt play well enough. Here are my random thoughts on the game.

Can Troy play OLB??? His risk taking is hurting us at safety right now. He may be small for a backer but, he is big for a saftey. Troy has lost a step of speed as a safety but would be blazing fast as a OLB. He seems to do better at the line of scrimmage than he does in coverage.

I think Leveon Bells best days are ahead of him. He is still a little hesitant. I think a full offseason in the Steelers weight room and a healthy training camp will make Bell a much better player next year. Hope the kids OK.

My first thought of Tomlin on the field during that return was when Cowher almost tackled a guy on a return in a Jaguars game years back. Anyone remember that? The media is going to have a field day with Tomlin this week. If the situation were reversed and Harbaugh was on the field we would all be enraged.

Sanders is actually a good WR. He runs great routes and is becoming very difficult to cover. He reminds me a bit of Nate Washington, or Dwight Stone. He is used on deep routes because of his speed and ability to gain separation. But for whatever reason he has difficulty catching those type of routes. He seems to me to catch balls over the middle much better. I actually hope they bring him back, if the price is right, just in a different role. I think he is more of a slot guy as opposed to outside. Sure his hands are questionable, but the coaches should recognize this and not put him in position to be the sole target in a game winning situation. Sanders is the last guy I would throw to in a do or die moment.

I am really glad the field goal debacle was a brain cramp and not a failed fake. If they would have faked it there I may have broken my TV. I would have went for it on both of the 4th downs inside the Ravens 40 in the first half. Keeping either one of those drives going may have won us the game.

Willie Gay got away with murder early in the game. Even he was laughing. Ike and Clark got murdered most of the game. Troy needs to just do his job and stop freelancing. Its killing the defense at this point.

Timmons and Worilds are playing at a high level right now and its great to see. I wish I could say the same for Jones and Williams who are not.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Have to agree.
    After a good night's sleep, its clear enough. Take away Sushi's two brain farts and the game would be much much closer. But they showed heart. This wasn't the kidn of depressing game where you come away feeling hopeless.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the team played very well in a critical rivalry game. Winning in Baltimore was going to be a very tall order going in. The outcome sucked but can't fault the effort.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The 2nd half was pretty good, when we outscored them 20 to 12. The comeback under Ben's leadership was valiant.
    1st quarter was typically bad, and to play that way last night amounted to the loss of a virtual playoff game.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Too little, too late. Tomlin again didn't have the team ready to play in what was the biggest game of the year. Players play, but coaches are responsible for culture and for putting people into position to win. Tomlin doesn't do it and his actions on the kickoff, intentional or not, were shameful. I hope the Rooneys discipline him. The NFL will definitely fine him. A valiant effort, but at the end of the year, when the Steelers don't make the playoffs, they'll look at games like Tenn, Oakland, Minnesota and think "how did we possibly lose?" Seems like there are a handful of those games every year for the past several years. Tomlin is at fault. The Rooneys won't get rid of him, but there is nothing to suggest things will get better with Tomlin as a coach.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    Too little, too late. Tomlin again didn't have the team ready to play in what was the biggest game of the year. Players play, but coaches are responsible for culture and for putting people into position to win. Tomlin doesn't do it and his actions on the kickoff, intentional or not, were shameful. I hope the Rooneys discipline him. The NFL will definitely fine him. A valiant effort, but at the end of the year, when the Steelers don't make the playoffs, they'll look at games like Tenn, Oakland, Minnesota and think "how did we possibly lose?" Seems like there are a handful of those games every year for the past several years. Tomlin is at fault. The Rooneys won't get rid of him, but there is nothing to suggest things will get better with Tomlin as a coach.
    Boo Hoo, it's always Tomlin fault. What about the great LeBeau for what ever reason continue to have Ike on a island regardless that he's playing like sh+t, or Haley who enters the game with 6 straight runs, or maybe the players themselves with Ben included for being off target early or Sanders for dropping passes or Ike for not being able to cover me. Did any of you cry when Cowher did the same thing in Jacksonville. I thought not. Count me in for personally liking a coach that will go a little above the rules for an advantage.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

But then the same ones say that he doesn't spit and scream enough.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

After going 0-4 I was just happy that the Steelers had a chance come November. Very disappointed but I knew from the beginning this team is missing some pieces. I am glad they overcame a lot and showed this team is in need of "rebuilding"

I think the improvement of the O-Line alone is amazing and encouraging
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I knew from the beginning this team is missing some pieces.
    This right here is they key. We are missing some pieces. At the beginning of the year we were playing way below our level of talent. That was unacceptable. Right now I believe we are focused and playing our best ball. Unfortunately, with some missing pieces, our best isnt always good enough. Tomlin deserves his share of the blame, but certainly not all of it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Plenty of games to blame Tomlin, last night was not one of them.