Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking Good...If We Win Out

Looking Good...If We Win Out

Everything broke right this weekend, as far as the other teams in the the hunt for the 6th seed. Only the Dolphins and Ravens are ahead of us in the chase and if we win out, the first victims in that stretch would be the Phins. First tie-breaker with them would be head-to-head. Check.

The Ravens still have to win on the road in Detroit and Cincy, as well as beat New England at home. If they slip-up in any one of those games, we will win based on the 2nd tie-breaker (common games; 5-3 to 4-4). If they lose to the Bengals only, we would win on the 1st tie-breaker (division record; 4-2 to 3-3).

Minnesota is suddenly no pushover, but you gotta think the Rats would take that one at home. The other 3 games will be very tough. So tough, that I don't think there's much of a chance they win all of them...they could easily lose all of them.

We have Miami, Cleveland, and a very tough game against the Bengals at home, in addition to a Green Bay team, which looks a lot further away from being good than just getting Aaron Rogers back. Not great odds that we win all of those, but certainly a better shot than Baltimore has of winning all of theirs.

We might as well say that we control our own destiny.

Sometimes I just hate hope.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Starter
    good analysis.. at this point we got nothing to lose.. GO STEELERS!!
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    at this point we got nothing to lose
    thank god. we're fresh out of centers!!!...........

Even a small light looks bright when things are at their darkest

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Starter
    Hard to believe that we have any shot at all at the postseason. And if we get there, what kind of shape will we be in? This offensive line is as cursed as any Steelers line I can remember. By the postseason, it won't remotely resemble what it started the season with. And please.... if we do somehow get a wild card game, for the love of God, don't start the game with 6 straight runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    thank god. we're fresh out of centers!!!...........
    Anyone know what Mahan is doing right now?
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Anyone know what Mahan is doing right now?
    I hear Chukky Okobi and Justin Hartwig are still available too!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Hard to believe that we have any shot at all at the postseason. And if we get there, what kind of shape will we be in? This offensive line is as cursed as any Steelers line I can remember. By the postseason, it won't remotely resemble what it started the season with. And please.... if we do somehow get a wild card game, for the love of God, don't start the game with 6 straight runs.
    We have a shot because the 4-8 teams are still in the hunt. I like are chances if we beat Miami.

The only problem with the optimism is that going to the playoffs depends on this team winning.

Too bad that is likely too much to ask for this team.

Playoffs?? playoffs??