Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: we could lose a draft pick due to Tomlin debacle...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

we could lose a draft pick due to Tomlin debacle...

That would be criminal IMO.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

If this is true Tomlin has to be fired immidately!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

What? For real? That sounds crazy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers face fine, loss of draft pick

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin could be fined at least $100,000 and the team could lose a draft pick as a result of Tomlin interfering with a play by stepping on the field, according to multiple reports.

The play occurred in the third quarter of Thursday night’s game against the Baltimore Ravens. After Pittsburgh scored to close to 13-7, Baltimore returner Jacoby Jones broke free down the sideline on the ensuing kickoff but slowed up with Tomlin on the white stripe near the field of play — with his foot on the field at one point as Jones neared his location.

Tomlin, who had his back to the play, was not penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct. He said he did not think he interfered with Jones.

The NFL fined the New York Jets $100,000 in 2010 when strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi tripped a Miami Dolphins player running down the sideline.

Tomlin is on the league’s competition committee, which helps make new rules.

[url]http://lindyssports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/article/headline/steelers-face-fine-loss-of-draft-pick/166976[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Rookie

User Info Menu

I am not the one to say coaches should be fired.
    However, if this happens, Tomlin needs to go. The
    Head Coach being the reason we lose draft picks is
    unacceptable to me. Also 2 non playoff years doesn't
    help either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tjs1974 View Post
    I am not the one to say coaches should be fired.
    However, if this happens, Tomlin needs to go. The
    Head Coach being the reason we lose draft picks is
    unacceptable to me. Also 2 non playoff years doesn't
    help either.
    Bill Cowher had 3 straight years of missing the playoffs. Tomlin deserves to be the coach of the Steelers regardless of our record this year and if we lose a draft pick (I dont believe that is likely. Miami's ST coach actually tripped a guy and only received $100,000 fine).
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Bill Cowher had 3 straight years of missing the playoffs. Tomlin deserves to be the coach of the Steelers regardless of our record this year and if we lose a draft pick (I dont believe that is likely. Miami's ST coach actually tripped a guy and only received $100,000 fine).
    I hate comparison like this. Cowher took his teams to the playoffs 6 straight years to start his career. He was losing FAs like crazy because the team couldn't afford to pay them and he was in a power struggle with Donahoe. In 2000 the Steelers received 3 apologies from the NFL for blown calls. If they don't make the playoffs this year that will be 3 times Tomlin has missed the playoffs in his 7 years. Cowher missed ONCE in his first 7. Not only that Cowher had Neil O'Donnell, Tomczak, and Kordell. Tomlin has had Ben his entire career. Hardly a comparison.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I hate comparison like this. Cowher took his teams to the playoffs 6 straight years to start his career. He was losing FAs like crazy because the team couldn't afford to pay them and he was in a power struggle with Donahoe. In 2000 the Steelers received 3 apologies from the NFL for blown calls. If they don't make the playoffs this year that will be 3 times Tomlin has missed the playoffs in his 7 years. Cowher missed ONCE in his first 7. Not only that Cowher had Neil O'Donnell, Tomczak, and Kordell. Tomlin has had Ben his entire career. Hardly a comparison.
    Whatever... Cowher had down seasons as well.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Tomlin's teams went to two SBs and won one of them...better than Cowher's first 6 years...

If Tomlin took over a better team, he did more with them as well...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm willing to bet anyone 20$ that we don't lose a draft pick. It's just another fabricated story from the reporters.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]