Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: we could lose a draft pick due to Tomlin debacle...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Maybe when Tomlin started seeing HIMSELF on the jumbotron (which would clearly show he's standing on the field) as Jones started getting closer and closer that it might be a good idea to back off just a tad. Maybe? Just maybe?
    This is exactly what he said he did. He moved when he saw himself on the jumbotron.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Doesn't it seem odd to some that Tomlin had his back to the play the entire time? And before you say he was watching on the jumbo, why would he? Maybe a replay, but I have NEVER seen a coach with his back to a play the entire time, sideline or no sideline.
    You haven't been watching them too closely perhaps? I have. They *often* watch the jumbo. I expect that its because things are bigger there, and frequently the play is far enough that the jumbo gives you a much better perspective.

His holiness, Belichik, does it too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    It is worse that we thought.
    Rather than make a typical tackle after say a 10 yard return, the sinister strategy was to DRIVE Jones toward Tomlin who positioned himself on the sideline deep in our territory so that Cortez could make a touchdown saving tackle on the 27 yard line.

This way Tomlin could "pretend" to be so engrossed in the Jumbotron he did not know where he was standing, knowing all along that Jones was being funneled towards him
    So the special teams unit was in on it too? Tomlingate is going to be bigger than Payola.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    That's interesting, because actually anybody that thinks Tomlin's actions were intentional need to have their head examined. Yeah, he's going to ON NATIONAL TV intentionally impede the path of a runner, knowingly putting himself and the team into all kinds of @#$%. Makes perfect sense.
    Heh..

But then believing the unbelievable is something people like to do. Area 51, the moon landing was faked, Obama is a Kenyan, whatever.. its a national pastime.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    whatever dude.....

such a homer.....
    I am no more a homer than you are a racist...

Legend

User Info Menu

I will be shocked if the NFL doesn't mess with the Steelers draft picks. They will use the Steelers to once again set an example to the rest of the NFL.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Rooney's better fan out their tail feathers and demand to keep all draft picks. I bet the league is doing something similar to the Spygate punishment which was dependent upon reaching the playoffs.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    This is exactly what he said he did. He moved when he saw himself on the jumbotron.
    Not to mention there are at least two other people standing on the white area at the time. It looks like Tomlin was on the edge of a group and not just standing there all by himself. I get the sense that people standing in the white area is a common occurrence across the league. The more I look at Lemmings picture, the more I believe Tomlin was just caught up in an unfortunate circumstance. If we lose draft picks, those sidelines better be spic and span clean during all moments of all NFL games from here on out. Otherwise it becomes selective enforcement of the rules and why are we often the ones selected in that fashion?? I just don't remember the NFL being this way until our most recent commish took the helm. He is just an a$$!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I will be shocked if the NFL doesn't mess with the Steelers draft picks. They will use the Steelers to once again set an example to the rest of the NFL.
    I can't believe it's even being discussed. Tomlin did not go onto the field. He stayed in the white. Tomlin did not touch the player, he jumped back when he realized how close he was. The player - to me- doesn't look like he slowed down because of Tomlin. The game did not hinge in any way on this mistake. For a first offense for a very classy coach, I think it's absurd that a draft pick is even in the discussion. A flag and a fine is all that was deserved for this mistake.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Not to mention there are at least two other people standing on the white area at the time. It looks like Tomlin was on the edge of a group and not just standing there all by himself. I get the sense that people standing in the white area is a common occurrence across the league. The more I look at Lemmings picture, the more I believe Tomlin was just caught up in an unfortunate circumstance. If we lose draft picks, those sidelines better be spic and span clean during all moments of all NFL games from here on out. Otherwise it becomes selective enforcement of the rules and why are we often the ones selected in that fashion?? I just don't remember the NFL being this way until our most recent commish took the helm. He is just an a$$!
    every game has players and coaches standing all over the white line... anytime there is a fumble on the sideline you see coaches hovering so close they could scoop it up themselves.

Not sure why people are acting.. awe hell, I know why. LOL...