Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 123

Thread: we could lose a draft pick due to Tomlin debacle...

  1. #81
    Note where runner is when Tomlin steps on the sideline, Jones is not close. Right AFTER this Jones goes sideline to avoid a tackle.
    Tomlin could not have KNOWN he would impede Jones path.
    Every other angle looks like Jones was already running sideline and he was not.


  2. #82
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    1. He had motive.
    2. He didnt start to the field until Jones broke through the tacklers.
    3. I've personally never noticed him that close before, but I didnt notice it this time either.
    4. He got a $100,000 fine and its over. (guess its not over...didnt know it was possible, still yet, that we could lose a draft pick)
    5. No longer a reason to care.
    I can't remember if it was ESPN or NFL Network, but they looked at film from kickoff returns in the past and guess what? Mike Tomlin always was in that same spot.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  3. #83
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,810
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Doesn't it seem odd to some that Tomlin had his back to the play the entire time? And before you say he was watching on the jumbo, why would he? Maybe a replay, but I have NEVER seen a coach with his back to a play the entire time, sideline or no sideline.
    Nope... never noticed or cared. Pretty sure they will go back and look at past kick offs to see if he is telling the truth. The photo Lemming provided is pretty good evidence that Tomlin uses the jumbotron.

  4. #84
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,810
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I can't remember if it was ESPN or NFL Network, but they looked at film from kickoff returns in the past and guess what? Mike Tomlin always was in that same spot.
    How is this possible? LOL...

    Like I said earlier to Shawn.. there are some fans on here who despise Tomlin and always think the worst.

  5. #85
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    How is this possible? LOL...

    Like I said earlier to Shawn.. there are some fans on here who despise Tomlin and always think the worst.
    Granted I was working out at the same time they were talking about this, but there are cams that show the sideline and only the sideline so they can see plays were it looks like a foot goes out of bounds.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  6. #86
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Note where runner is when Tomlin steps on the sideline, Jones is not close. Right AFTER this Jones goes sideline to avoid a tackle.
    Tomlin could not have KNOWN he would impede Jones path.
    Every other angle looks like Jones was already running sideline and he was not.

    Gotta say...Tomlin already has a foot on the field and the runner is a full 25 yards away at that point. The runner closed that 25 yards very fast. If we lose a draft pick, it would be a travesty of justice. But Goodell is a$$ enough to do it.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Gotta say...Tomlin already has a foot on the field and the runner is a full 25 yards away at that point.
    It is worse that we thought.
    Rather than make a typical tackle after say a 10 yard return, the sinister strategy was to DRIVE Jones toward Tomlin who positioned himself on the sideline deep in our territory so that Cortez could make a touchdown saving tackle on the 27 yard line.

    This way Tomlin could "pretend" to be so engrossed in the Jumbotron he did not know where he was standing, knowing all along that Jones was being funneled towards him

    Clearly Mike Tomlin is an:

    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 12-04-2013 at 08:45 PM.

  8. #88

    Don't do the Crime if you can't do the Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    What exactly was intentional? What do you think he (unsuccessfully) tried to do to the ball carrier, all the while knowing he had a dozen cameras on him, referees around him, and instant reply and youtube, etc.?

    Did he chicken out at the last minute? Because its pretty clear in the video that he jumped away from the ball carrier when he saw him.

    What was Tomlin intentionally trying to do? In your answer, please assume he's somewhat sane and not a retard.
    You know, that point about the number of cameras is the thing that really makes this look like a felony.

    You know what I mean? There are street thugs out there that just can't get it through their heads how "wired" this society has become. They don't comprehend cameras and electronics. They just do their thing because they can't help themselves. They can't be deterred by the police or the penalty or doing the time or even the electric chair. It's impulsive. They just gotta do it. It's genetic in a manner of speaking.

    That's what happened to Tomlin. He couldn't help himself.

    But whose doing the penalty? Not him.

    We are. We are gonna lose or have to give draft picks to our arch rival because of Tomlin.

    Come on Man

  9. #89
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    This is a stupid analogy to try and prove your case. The Simpson situation and Tomlin situation are completely different. With Simpson, intent was not an issue, its whether facts show he was the person who committed the acts (and they clearly did). With Tomlin, whether he committed the acts is not an issue (he clearly did - its on video for all to see), its whether he intended to commit the crime (interfering with the runner). Completely different analysis. And its very easy for an intelligent person, like myself, to say (1) Simpson clearly committed what he was charged with despite the lack of video showing it, and (2) its quite likely Tomlin did not commit what you charged him with, even upon review of the video. You need to frame that up better in your mind, before you start posting exaggerated goofball apples-v.-oranges messages. That's my advice, anyway.
    First of all, I didn't start that analogy... someone else did. I suggest you get your facts straight in that regard.

    I was simply stating that no matter how obvious something is... there is always going to be those people that "don't see it" no matter what.

  10. #90
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,353
    Let's play out this jumbotron theory for a second....

    Being that Tomlin is a genius, I'm shocked that he didn't notice (on the jumbotron) that the returner was running down the Steelers sidelines and it might be a good idea to get out of the way and back off just slightly..


    You know... I'm sure in Tomlin's infinite wisdom, he could notice all the Steelers players and personnel on the same sideline that Jones was running down. Wouldn't you think?

    Maybe when Tomlin started seeing HIMSELF on the jumbotron (which would clearly show he's standing on the field) as Jones started getting closer and closer that it might be a good idea to back off just a tad. Maybe? Just maybe?

    Unless he was completely daydreaming as he was staring up at the jumbotron, I just can't buy the fact that he was oblivious about his position on the field and where Jones was at (or approaching) in relationship to his position.

    See my point? Even if he was watching the jumbotron, he would see exactly where the play was going which was EXACTLY where he was standing!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •