Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: we could lose a draft pick due to Tomlin debacle...

Yes, I think Tomlin knew what he was doing. The video evidence clearly shows that. I think he was deliberately trying to get as close as possible without actually being on the field of play although he actually was on the field (barely).

Yes, I think he should be fined.

No, I don't think he should be fired over this. He'll get fired for other reasons depending on how next season goes. This doesn't look good but it won't be the reason he gets fired.

I just can't believe the league is even CONSIDERING taking away a draft pick.

The Pats get caught cheating for years including the playoffs during their SB runs and they basically get a slap on the wrist given the circumstances.

Our HC did have poor judgement in doing what he did... but a loss of a draft pick? Seriously?

Pro Bowler
    Some one at the NFL offices must be saying something as multiple sources are reporting. They had a discussion on ESPN this morning specifically about the possibility of a lost draft choice. No way it's just being made up by reporters in multiple news outlets.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Some one at the NFL offices must be saying something as multiple sources are reporting. They had a discussion on ESPN this morning specifically about the possibility of a lost draft choice. No way it's just being made up by reporters in multiple news outlets.
    I heard it on ESPN...

Pro Bowler
    Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 1h

Also from @JayGlazer on air re: Tomlin, don't expect any draft-pick penalties for the Steelers. Glaze says NFL not even discussing that.

Pro Bowler
    For all we know it went like this:

NFL Guy, "Should we consider a lost draft choice for what Tomlin did?"
    Other NFL Guy, "Nah, doesn't warrant that much of a punishment"

- All of a sudden, every one is reporting that lost draft picks are being "discussed"...

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yes, just like the Steelers are considering trading Ben Roethlisberger. Gotta get the Steelers in the news somehow this season, cause their play certainly won't do it.

Losing a draft pick would be way out of proportion with the response established in prior situations that produced far more malignant results, therefore ludicrous and justifiable only by the strictest legal interpretation of the rule. Wait ... aren't lawyers running this league for the owners now? My apologies (and condolences) to the the top-notch lawyer fans of the Steelers.

Reflective of the larger societal trend of making laws and rules for every exception, then requiring massive oversight, documentation, and enforcement. IT can mean well and cost alot and do secondary harm.
    My editorial $.0.02.

Otherwise, keep on smilin' like you're Antonio Brown.

Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.

Perhaps we see a little bit of why this team seems to lack discipline and integrity?

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Perhaps we see a little bit of why this team seems to lack discipline and integrity?
    Oh really, there is a picture from the Depot that shows Cowher not only on the white, but almost a yard on the field punching at a Jaguar who is running down the field. But I guess it is OK for him to do it.

Tomlin deserves to be fined. While I don't think it's fair to lose a draft pick...I have to wonder. What if that debacle HAD indeed effected the game? What if the shoe were on the other foot and the Steelers WR was impeded by a coach? What if the Steelers lost a playoff game in that fashion? Could the league set a precedence with this incident? I have seen things that surprised me less.