Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: we could lose a draft pick due to Tomlin debacle...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    anybody that thinks tomlins actions weren't intentional needs their head examined

the cowher debate is pretty nonsensical
    What exactly was intentional? What do you think he (unsuccessfully) tried to do to the ball carrier, all the while knowing he had a dozen cameras on him, referees around him, and instant reply and youtube, etc.?

Did he chicken out at the last minute? Because its pretty clear in the video that he jumped away from the ball carrier when he saw him.

What was Tomlin intentionally trying to do? In your answer, please assume he's somewhat sane and not a retard.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

anybody that thinks tomlins actions weren't intentional needs their head examined

the cowher debate is pretty nonsensical
    That's interesting, because actually anybody that thinks Tomlin's actions were intentional need to have their head examined. Yeah, he's going to ON NATIONAL TV intentionally impede the path of a runner, knowingly putting himself and the team into all kinds of @#$%. Makes perfect sense.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    There is no doubt there would be people that would still say OJ was innocent and come up with stupid justifications that try to prove their case.
    This is a stupid analogy to try and prove your case. The Simpson situation and Tomlin situation are completely different. With Simpson, intent was not an issue, its whether facts show he was the person who committed the acts (and they clearly did). With Tomlin, whether he committed the acts is not an issue (he clearly did - its on video for all to see), its whether he intended to commit the crime (interfering with the runner). Completely different analysis. And its very easy for an intelligent person, like myself, to say (1) Simpson clearly committed what he was charged with despite the lack of video showing it, and (2) its quite likely Tomlin did not commit what you charged him with, even upon review of the video. You need to frame that up better in your mind, before you start posting exaggerated goofball apples-v.-oranges messages. That's my advice, anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Amazing how two people see a video and still come to different conclusions. Makes me wonder whether OJ would have been convicted even if a videotape of the murders was given to the jury....
    OJ? uhhh... yeah, this is perfect timing for an OJ analogy

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    That's interesting, because actually anybody that thinks Tomlin's actions were intentional need to have their head examined. Yeah, he's going to ON NATIONAL TV intentionally impede the path of a runner, knowingly putting himself and the team into all kinds of @#$%. Makes perfect sense.
    of course you must be right.

nobody has ever made a rash judgement in the heat of the moment.

moonie- tomlin was intentionally trying to change the runners angle and help his pursuit. I'm not going to beat him up over it as I really don't care that he did it. Obviously, if the steelers lose a draft pick, I reserve the right to change my stance.
    Last edited by Eddie Spaghetti; 12-04-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

moonie- tomlin was intentionally trying to change the runners angle and help his pursuit. I'm not going to beat him up over it as I really don't care that he did it. Obviously, if the steelers lose a draft pick, I reserve the right to change my stance.
    He didn't intend to impede the runner any more than you did...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

whatever dude.....

such a homer.....

Legend

User Info Menu

1. He had motive.
    2. He didnt start to the field until Jones broke through the tacklers.
    3. I've personally never noticed him that close before, but I didnt notice it this time either.
    4. He got a $100,000 fine and its over. (guess its not over...didnt know it was possible, still yet, that we could lose a draft pick)
    5. No longer a reason to care.
    Last edited by SteelCrazy; 12-04-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    OJ? uhhh... yeah, this is perfect timing for an OJ analogy
    Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Doesn't it seem odd to some that Tomlin had his back to the play the entire time? And before you say he was watching on the jumbo, why would he? Maybe a replay, but I have NEVER seen a coach with his back to a play the entire time, sideline or no sideline.