Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: we could lose a draft pick due to Tomlin debacle...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

anybody that thinks tomlins actions weren't intentional needs their head examined

the cowher debate is pretty nonsensical

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    You've never taken an extra step to get momentum when pushing off after being starteld or unknowingly in someones path? I think that extra step is what has people thinking it was intentional but most people fail to realize they do the same thing in the grocery store, walmart or in a parking lot when making a last second move to avoid contact.
    it's the step at 0:11 towards the field, not the step to get out of the way at 0:14. very odd seeing him bring both feet together at the edge of the field. the second step onto the field to avoid the collision... I'm ok with that one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Broken link
    Yeah it is the same video, trying to inbed it here.
    Just look at that the freeze frame before playing the video. Tomlin is ALREADY standing there before the return guy even goes sideline.
    He is staring at the jumbotron and steps onto the edge of the field BEFORE the runner veers to the sideline.
    At different angles it looks like Tomlin positioned himself in the path of the runner already hugging the sideline.

[URL]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video/9589943-new-video-of-mike-tomlin-incident/[/URL]

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    it's the step at 0:11 towards the field, not the step to get out of the way at 0:14. very odd seeing him bring both feet together at the edge of the field. the second step onto the field to avoid the collision... I'm ok with that one.
    Yes, Northcoast. This is what I am talking about too.
    The freeze frame before you run the video is just AFTER Tomlin takes THAT step.
    He is there and the runner is not on the sideline.
    The runner goes sideline right AFTER that.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Administrator

User Info Menu

Sorry.. I just have a hard time believing a person likes someone when they always think the worst of them and every win is in spite of Tomlin

The only time you have said anything positive about Tomlin is when someone says you can't stand him.

Its OK, some fans aren't fans of the HC... its the impression I get when I read your post about Tomlin. Its 100% negative all the time.
    Ok... I could care less.. I guess I don't slob over the guys knob like some here.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    anybody that thinks tomlins actions weren't intentional needs their head examined

the cowher debate is pretty nonsensical
    Seriously..... common sense is becoming less and less common.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Watch the tape....

Legend

User Info Menu

Amazing how two people see a video and still come to different conclusions. Makes me wonder whether OJ would have been convicted even if a videotape of the murders was given to the jury....

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Amazing how two people see a video and still come to different conclusions. Makes me wonder whether OJ would have been convicted even if a videotape of the murders was given to the jury....
    There is no doubt there would be people that would still say OJ was innocent and come up with stupid justifications that try to prove their case.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

tomlins a boob for allowing this to happen. now i'm glad the ravens did win because we would never hear the end of it had they lost. tomlin and his smug smile after it happened and what have you is very nonprofessional. I used to be in tomlins corner but more and more or quicker and quicker i'm becoming tired of him.