Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 123

Thread: we could lose a draft pick due to Tomlin debacle...

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    if the NFL hates Tomlin as much as you do we are screwed
    THAT is awesome Dizz

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video...clipId=9589943

    New video evidence which could make it seem to some he did it on purpose
    Nope, it shows a startled man relexively bracing himself in one direction to jump the other way.

  3. #53
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,333
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post


    Wow... I remember Cowher wanting to run on the field but he was ON the field. LOL...

    I think this is great evidence of how fans can misremember.... reminds me of the games where we complain about a lack of passing or passing too much and then someone will post the actual plays that show us doing exactly what we claimed the OC didn't do.

  4. #54
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video...clipId=9589943

    New video evidence which could make it seem to some he did it on purpose
    hmm... a logical person could draw a logical conclusion that it was purposeful. As others have said, fine him, suspend him, whatever, let's get on with ending this sorry season.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video...clipId=9589943

    New video evidence which could make it seem to some he did it on purpose
    Nice video.
    Tomlin had his back turned to the play, looking at the jumbotron not even glancing at the field.
    Interestingly he jumps out of the way at the last minute. The camera is on the ball the whole time so Tomlin is not seeing himself at all.
    It was at the point that he (Tomlin) finally saw himself on the tron as the play was almost upon him and only THEN did he realize he was on the field.
    He really is "BARELY" on the field at all.
    His jump to get out of the way planting his foot deeper drew attention to his position on the field.

    Had he been calmer in getting out of the way, it would not have looked nearly as bad.

  6. #56
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Nice video.
    Tomlin had his back turned to the play, looking at the jumbotron not even glancing at the field.
    Interestingly he jumps out of the way at the last minute. The camera is on the ball the whole time so Tomlin is not seeing himself at all.
    It was at the point that he (Tomlin) finally saw himself on the tron as the play was almost upon him and only THEN did he realize he was on the field.
    He really is "BARELY" on the field at all.
    His jump to get out of the way planting his foot deeper drew attention to his position on the field.

    Had he been calmer in getting out of the way, it would not have looked nearly as bad.
    it's the step he takes moving toward the field edge that is most damning...

  7. #57
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Nice video.
    Tomlin had his back turned to the play, looking at the jumbotron not even glancing at the field.
    Interestingly he jumps out of the way at the last minute. The camera is on the ball the whole time so Tomlin is not seeing himself at all.
    It was at the point that he (Tomlin) finally saw himself on the tron as the play was almost upon him and only THEN did he realize he was on the field.
    He really is "BARELY" on the field at all.
    His jump to get out of the way planting his foot deeper drew attention to his position on the field.

    Had he been calmer in getting out of the way, it would not have looked nearly as bad.

    Nah.. these Steeler fans know for a fact Tomlin was ill willed. Its obvious... lol.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    hmm... a logical person could draw a logical conclusion that it was purposeful. As others have said, fine him, suspend him, whatever, let's get on with ending this sorry season.
    What is interesting is that Tomlin inadvertently stepped onto the edge of the field BEFORE the return man began hugging the sideline.

  9. #59
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,333
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    it's the step he takes moving toward the field edge that is most damning...
    You've never taken an extra step to get momentum when pushing off after being starteld or unknowingly in someones path? I think that extra step is what has people thinking it was intentional but most people fail to realize they do the same thing in the grocery store, walmart or in a parking lot when making a last second move to avoid contact.

  10. #60
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    What is interesting is that Tomlin inadvertently stepped onto the edge of the field BEFORE the return man began hugging the sideline. Look:

    http://<script type=&#39;text/javascript... title=""></a>
    Broken link

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •