Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: we could lose a draft pick due to Tomlin debacle...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herewegosteelers! View Post
    That would basically be 2 draft picks lost in the 2014 draft if that happens. The one they should have had for Sanders but kept him instead counts as well...
    No doubt. That hurts....especially the Sanders pick. The Steelers likely won't keep Sanders unless it comes cheap. They could have had a 3rd rounder for him. What a bad decision that was but I can't blame the FO. The FO really thought Sanders would "blow up" and he hasn't. Hindsight is 20/20 and it's easy for us to criticize that decision..
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

WTF? This would be an absurd result. Are there people who really believe Tomlin was trying to surreptitiously interfere with the guy (who didn't even seem to know Tomlin was there) with a dozen cameras on him, on a Thanksgiving day game, in the era of viral videos? It's demented. He obviously was just daydreaming or sleep walking or whatever he does when he's on the sideline, and forgot where he was.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    relax guys, i dont see it happening.
    if it does, it would be a late rounder.
    the way tomlin drafts, does it really matter?
    I'd rather give up our 2nd round offensive lineman pick.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    WTF? This would be an absurd result. Are there people who really believe Tomlin was trying to surreptitiously interfere with the guy (who didn't even seem to know Tomlin was there) with a dozen cameras on him, on a Thanksgiving day game, in the era of viral videos? It's demented. He obviously was just daydreaming or sleep walking or whatever he does when he's on the sideline, and forgot where he was.
    Can't disagree more.. The cameras show me that Tomlin knew exactly what he was doing. Every non-Steelers fan agrees. The only people that disagree are Steelers fans. Thats to be expected as it's homerism.

Starter

User Info Menu

Agreed. I don't know for sure, but it looked intentional to me too. The alternative is to believe what exactly? That he was completely unaware that at that very moment the receiver was headed down the sideline with all that noise and cheering from the crowd? What's he doing? Thinking about what he's going to do after the game? Sure looks like he was watching the play transpire on the big screen and positioning himself to pull that maneuver. I would like to be wrong, but it looked like an amateurish attempt to cheat. And that's embarrassing.

Legend

User Info Menu

I could put on my black and gold glasses and buy the argument that Tomlin was watching on the jumbotron and all that. Where it falls apart for me is his smirking afterward. The smirk will cost him and the team a lot of money, at a minimum.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Did you hear Tomlin's response when a reporter asked Tomlin.... "You know your not supposed to stand there"

Tomlin's response: "Tell me something I don't know"

That answer is NOT going to go well when the NFL offices are seeking more answers on Tomlin's intent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Apparently, there is now video that shows Tomlin taking a step towards the field while watching the return. I can't get the vdieo to play, but if this is what it shows, it could be bad.

Personally, I'd much rather see Tomlin suspended for a game than forfeit a draft pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We're just going to have to take our punishment and move on. Slight black eye for the organization but it will heal.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Can't disagree more.. The cameras show me that Tomlin knew exactly what he was doing. Every non-Steelers fan agrees. The only people that disagree are Steelers fans. Thats to be expected as it's homerism.
    Wow, that's not even remotely true. Even my Bengals fan, Steeler hating father in-law didn't think Tomlin was doing anything to intentionally impede the returner. Many of my friends who are fans of a myriad of different teams don't even see what the big deal is.