View Poll Results: Should Mike receive punishment from the league for his actions?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

20 57.14%
  • no

6 17.14%
  • IDK

1 2.86%
  • for what it didn't effect the play

8 22.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Tomlin

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    Did you notice how he jumped aside in a startled manner. It wasn't a planned move; it was inadvertent.

I thought so as well but upon further review... not so sure. NFL said 6 figure fine and/or lost draft pick is on the table.

Draft pick? Really?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I thought so as well but upon further review... not so sure. NFL said 6 figure fine and/or lost draft pick is on the table.

Draft pick? Really?
    I do not understand the outrage over it, I really don't. And to consider a draft pick? That would be outrageous. For the record, I think he knew what he was doing. But some people are acting like it was some despicable act...

Legend
    Did you notice how he jumped aside in a startled manner. It wasn't a planned move; it was inadvertent.
    Go watch it again, it was completely intentional. Tomlin was watching the jumbo tron in front of him then he peeked back at Jacoby about 10 yards before he reached Tomlin and was watching him the whole way there. And when he jumped back, his foot first went out toward the field in front of Jones before he moved out of the way.

It's 100% clear as day Tomlin knew exactly what he was doing. It might have been unitentional that he was standing in that spot watching in the first place. But he knew Jacoby was running right at him for at least a second before he decided to try to trip him and then move out of the way.

Small fine is all that's needed.

Losing a draft pick should only be applied when a team is caught illegally using a video camera from a place where using a still camera would be OK.
    “We'll do the same thing that we always do. We'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.” - Bill Belichick

I can't remember the team we were playing, maybe it was the Browns, but someone returned a punt against us when Cowher was coaching. Remember he wanted to run out and tackle the guy? But, he kept his distance on the sideline, like a coach should. He didn't interfere.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    If Harbaugh did that on a Brown return, would you want Harbaugh to be fined?

I'd like for him to be fined anyway, but ...
    Absolutely. I have a really hard time believing it was by accident. It caused the WR to weave. It may or may not have effected the play. He should be, and will likely be fined.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    I can't remember the team we were playing, maybe it was the Browns, but someone returned a punt against us when Cowher was coaching. Remember he wanted to run out and tackle the guy? But, he kept his distance on the sideline, like a coach should. He didn't interfere.
    Jags FG block returned for a TD. He didnt interfere but he damn sure wanted to... lol.

What I noticed was Tomlin looking over his shoulder and waiting for the exact right moment to get out of the way. If Tomlin wasnt there I beleive Jacoby Jones scores.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    What I noticed was Tomlin looking over his shoulder and waiting for the exact right moment to get out of the way. If Tomlin wasnt there I beleive Jacoby Jones scores.

I've watched this a couple of times, and I can't make up my mind ... all the points that you guys state make sense, but to me it also seems like a distracted coach realizing at the last second that he is in the way and reacting (and if the reaction is spontaneous, even the sequence of actions in his jump is explained).

But if he *did* do that intentionally, mad props! He saved us points at the cost of a few dollars to himself. More props if he'd gotten away with it

I've watched this a couple of times, and I can't make up my mind ... all the points that you guys state make sense, but to me it also seems like a distracted coach realizing at the last second that he is in the way and reacting (and if the reaction is spontaneous, even the sequence of actions in his jump is explained).

But if he *did* do that intentionally, mad props! He saved us points at the cost of a few dollars to himself. More props if he'd gotten away with it
    Do you still give props if we lose a draft pick because of this?