Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nothing Bad To Say

Backup
    This wasn't a game that screamed "W" at you when you looked at it on the schedule, either before the season started or in the lead up this week. No crime in losing it. However, it became a necessary win when several that DID scream W at you became L's earlier on. When you lose ones you should win, you have to steal wins you're not supposed to get, and they didn't do it last night.

Has any team in the history of the NFL played an away Thursday night game right after an away Sunday game?

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Has any team in the history of the NFL played an away Thursday night game right after an away Sunday game?
    no. we were the first...
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Nope. First time ever.

For games like this Im very, very proud to be a little part of the Steelers Nation.

You know what's even sadder?

I am a poet and for me spring does not exist

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Steelers put forth a good effort in defeat.
    Im not convinced they did. Ben was erratic. The D was ineffective giving up 60% conversions on 3rd downs. I'll give them but they persisted. But it wasn't close to 60 minutes of solid effort.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Im not convinced they did. Ben was erratic. The D was ineffective giving up 60% conversions on 3rd downs. I'll give them but they persisted. But it wasn't close to 60 minutes of solid effort.
    The problem is our secondaries solid effort is garbage...

Ike is done... its pitch and catch with ike.

Backup
    The D only gave up one touchdown. They tightened up in the red zone every time... the game was lost on special teams. What was Baltimore's average drive start? Seemed Baltimore's kick return unit brought everything out past the 30, and the infamous Jacoby Jones return much further. Every drive we had started at or inside the 20. Their kicker was automatic, 5 for 5 on field goals. Ours - not so much. In an evenly matched game, you've got to do the little things well. We didn't. This seems like something I've been saying about the Steelers for decades. Have we ever been able to cover kicks?

Pro Bowler
    I f$cking hate moral victories. They lost a critical game they needed to win. And they are in this position because of consistently crappy performance throughout the year including 3 losses to horrible teams. The Steelers have a losing record because as a team they don't appear to mind losing all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The problem is our secondaries solid effort is garbage...

Ike is done... its pitch and catch with ike.
    I've been saying that for close to a year now. But I'm a "hater" and Ike stays in amazing shape in the offseason so he must be worth 10 mil/year .... lol