Thread: 2 PT. Conversion

Legend

User Info Menu

2 PT. Conversion

The Ravens defender didnt turn for the ball and put both hands up in his face. Isnt that still a flag and called shielding?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    The Ravens defender didnt turn for the ball and put both hands up in his face. Isnt that still a flag and called shielding?
    "Face guarding" I think is the actual rule, should have been called IMO, but it wasn't, oh well.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    "Face guarding" I think is the actual rule, should have been called IMO, but it wasn't, oh well.

Pappy
    Thanks pappy. Sanders should have caught it too, but that was clearly "face guarding" and an easy call to make.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Thanks pappy. Sanders should have caught it too, but that was clearly "face guarding" and an easy call to make.
    Yep, I think the Steelers should have gotten a second chance from the 1.5 yard line, of course, with the attrition the Steelers had in the final quarter tonight, I'm not sure they could have put 11 players on the field on offense, if they had made the 2pt conversion.

Pappy

7.178 -
    7.195 -

Rookie

User Info Menu

On one 3rd down play, on a drive when the Ravens scored, Heyward was first held and then tripped...so, I was not surprised when the jagoff refs swallowed their whistles....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    On one 3rd down play, on a drive when the Ravens scored, Heyward was first held and then tripped...so, I was not surprised when the jagoff refs swallowed their whistles....
    There wre two consecutive plays in the third quarter I think where Worilds has Oher and/or a guard beat and he gets ridden to the ground like he's a horse and no call. My two boys each look at me and say, "It isn't hard to be an offensive linemen in this league, you can ride your guy like he's a mule."

Oh well, the team showed heart last night, it would have been nice to see that heart in September.

Pappy

7.178 -
    7.195 -

Backup

User Info Menu

You're not going to get a call like that as a road team in the NFL... part of the reason winning on the road is so hard. Ask Brady about the loss in Carolina two weeks ago, or the Saints lineman that got tackled on Brady's game winner in Foxboro the week before that about the holding non call on a critical play. We're not the only team ever to come out consistently on the wrong end of a bunch of calls in a road game. Absolutely right, it wouldn't be nearly as big a deal if they had showed up ready to play football in September.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

it's only face guarding if the hand is over the facemask.
    There was nothing to call on that play
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

My under standing is that face guarding still requires contact to be pass interference. I thought is was a clean play. Catch the damn thing and theres nothing to talk about.

Starter

User Info Menu

Sanders should have caught it. He dropped several clutch-time passes in that game and generally does not play well enough to warrant the pre-season lobbying by Ben to keep him around.