Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We've gotta keep fightin..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Velasco ain't going anywhere given what he did to solidify the line, and Pouncey probably isn't going to be traded. It means Velasco will become the quality depth that this team so apparently needs, which is fine. I think Beachum has earned a starting opportunity somewhere along the line, and I'm just guessing it will be at Right Tackle. Best-case-scenario probably would be drafting a young, ready LT, allowing us to move Marcus Gilbert to the bench as well.

At that point, I think we have the components of a good, young, versatile, injury-prone but pretty deep, O-line. (Notice I left Adams out. Let that guy short-circuit another team's season.)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Velasco ain't going anywhere given what he did to solidify the line, and Pouncey probably isn't going to be traded. It means Velasco will become the quality depth that this team so apparently needs, which is fine. I think Beachum has earned a starting opportunity somewhere along the line, and I'm just guessing it will be at Right Tackle. Best-case-scenario probably would be drafting a young, ready LT, allowing us to move Marcus Gilbert to the bench as well.

At that point, I think we have the components of a good, young, versatile, injury-prone but pretty deep, O-line. (Notice I left Adams out. Let that guy short-circuit another team's season.)
    Not sure Gilbert has earned a trip to the bench. Each week he seems to get better at RT. Beachum logically would move insider to Guard and add some more athleticism there and probably better pass blocking than we get at Left Guard now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Still doesn't fix Left tackle where as admirably as he has performed is not where Beachum should be playing to maximize his contribution to the team. Get a top LT and move Beachum to Left Guard and we will have an OL that can really get very good.

I totally agree with keep Velasco and the gameday flex player for Center and Guard plus the transition starter when Pouncey moves on in free agency or is injured yet again.
    I would keep Velasco right where he is. He has played better than Pouncey at center. I believe Pouncey will play just as well at guard as he did at center. Maybe even better. I also would bring in another tackle. Not a draft pick but a vetern free agent. Beechum can then play the swingman role. Thats what he is best suited for imho.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Velasco ain't going anywhere given what he did to solidify the line
    Velasco only signed a one-year contract and will be an UFA at the end of this season, there's no guarantee that he will re-sign with us.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    I would keep Velasco right where he is. He has played better than Pouncey at center. I believe Pouncey will play just as well at guard as he did at center. Maybe even better. I also would bring in another tackle. Not a draft pick but a vetern free agent. Beechum can then play the swingman role. Thats what he is best suited for imho.
    Not going to happen. If... IF Velasco resigns he will be the G/C swingman.

Backup

User Info Menu

Getting back on topic...If the Steelers can just ATTACK on offense, instead waiting for something to happen. During the 3 game winning streak, it was obvious that the offense was attacking. I know the Oline is banged up, but deezam!!!!, they cant lose to the Fish in Pittsburgh when the weather is forecasted to be 25 with snow.

This team for all of their faults, still fights hard!!

Just keep fighting guys, and dont friggin give up!!!

We still have some unfinished business to take care of!!!

Let's get back to Frroooooothing at the mouth like crazed dogs!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg