Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Sanders

Legend

User Info Menu

Goodbye Sanders

Hands like Ike....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Agreed. They better not sign him next year. He's average at best. Definitely the goat of the game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No kidding. He's a liability much of the time, and nothing special when he isn't being one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was a fan of Sanders coming into the season. I'm not anymore. He has far too many drops ... many of them game changers. I'm not even going to get on him for the 2 point conversion drop. That was a hard catch ... but if you want to be considered a big play receiver you have to catch that ball. The ones that concern me more was the deep ball down the sideline where we had a free play. That's an easy catch for an NFL caliber receiver. No excuse for dropping that. The same with the pass at the goal line. Any decent receiver makes that play even though it would have been called back.I didn't want to let him go to the *'s but now I sure wish they would have and gotten a 3rd rounder.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Sanders is a great route runner and hard to cover. He has questionable hands but not horrible. He would be a great 3rd option if we can find a solid 2. I dont think we should use Manny on stretch plays because even though he gains seperation he struggles catching the ball in deep ball situations. I am all for keeping him for the right price. I would not over pay though. Some team out there will.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Sanders is a great route runner and hard to cover. He has questionable hands but not horrible. He would be a great 3rd option if we can find a solid 2. I dont think we should use Manny on stretch plays because even though he gains seperation he struggles catching the ball in deep ball situations. I am all for keeping him for the right price. I would not over pay though. Some team out there will.
    This is true. However, I would not be surprised to see Sanders back next year..only at the "right price". We know the team won't overpay for him. I still think he can get much better.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

A year too late. On a team with a lot of holes and a lot of needs, losing the 3rd rounder that the Steelers passed on to keep Sanders stings.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

sanders is a bum. No way he should be brought back next year.

turning down the 3rd was criminal.

Legend

User Info Menu

We'll have a 3rd Round pick in the upcoming draft courtesy of Miami's blunder signing Wallace.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

gee thanks einstein.

we also won't have our own 3rd this year.

I guess this roster doesn't need 2 extra 3rds.