Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We come out with 3 bs runs

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We come out with 3 bs runs

And the Ravens come out firing, give me a break.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

How did u like that pressure on 3rd and goal?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    And the Ravens come out firing, give me a break.
    I couldn't agree more, 6 runs to start the game and now the offense can't get into rhythm. Ike's play the last fee games has been bad. They need to pick it up on both sides of the ball.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

my thoughts exactly. Sets the tone for the whole stinkin game. Worst play calling I've seen all season.. and in a "Do or die" game. Haley must go.

ernie
    Last edited by Ernie; 11-29-2013 at 01:24 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Where is the friggin' No-huddle?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Where is the friggin' No-huddle?
    This game is too important for Haley to trust Ben. (Shakes head).

Now that the steelers are down by 13 he'll hand the game to Ben. ( shakes head again)

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Rookie

User Info Menu

Everybody I talk to thinks Haley is a joke. Hopefully they'll get a real OC next year. What has be ever accomplished?

Backup

User Info Menu

Everyone needs to consider the probability/possibility that those runs were used to set up downstream plays.

The first 2 runs were definitely done with a purpose. The Steelers went with the JUMBO package on 1st and 2nd down while huddling before both plays. As soon as the 2nd down play was over the Steelers immediately went to the line after making a quick substitution for a passing play. Unfortunately something happened and there was an on field time out/ delay that basically negated what the Steelers were trying to do, which was prevent the Ravens from getting their nickle/dime subs on the field (They would have been stuck with fat beef on the field). I think if they could have caught the Ravens, Ben would have found the mismatch and chucked it downfield.

Haley is not the problem. He's patient, probes for weakness and then exploits. This is the reason we start slowly. It's a methodical approach. Plus, he's not the responsible for Ike being burned!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel View Post
    Everyone needs to consider the probability/possibility that those runs were used to set up downstream plays.

The first 2 runs were definitely done with a purpose. The Steelers went with the JUMBO package on 1st and 2nd down while huddling before both plays. As soon as the 2nd down play was over the Steelers immediately went to the line after making a quick substitution for a passing play. Unfortunately something happened and there was an on field time out/ delay that basically negated what the Steelers were trying to do, which was prevent the Ravens from getting their nickle/dime subs on the field (They would have been stuck with fat beef on the field). I think if they could have caught the Ravens, Ben would have found the mismatch and chucked it downfield.

Haley is not the problem. He's patient, probes for weakness and then exploits. This is the reason we start slowly. It's a methodical approach. Plus, he's not the responsible for Ike being burned!

This!

Or for Sushi trying to single-handedly lose us games. Or for Manny playing juggler instead of a WR. Or for Ben throwing bounce passes.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers gave away two drives in a game decided by 2 points. You only get so many drives per game, it seemed useless to me. The Ravens wasted no time, they know the team that scores first in this series has a decided advantage and wanted to be the team to score first.

Ben has a complete understanding of this offense, Haley should put the game plan together with Ben, give him down and distance plays and then get out of the way at game time.

Ben was sharp in the second half tonight and if Manny Sanders catches any one of the three he dropped the outcome may have been different.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -