Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Even if we tied that game we would have needed a miracle to win in OT

Backup

User Info Menu

Even if we tied that game we would have needed a miracle to win in OT

Had we gone into OT we would have been seriously hamstrung by our O-line situation and the absence of Bell. I believe we would have needed a defensive TO resulting in either a TD or FG position to win that game (i.e miracle). The Steelers played with some serious heart. However, it was a few plays where there were failures of execution that contributed to this loss (Sushi I'm looking at you).

Looking forward, we are in serious trouble. Even if we had won this game the injury situation looks pretty dire and could put us back into another losing streak.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We played better. Hell, we scored 5 touchdowns to their 1.........

Legend

User Info Menu

It would have been nice to find out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    We played better. Hell, we scored 5 touchdowns to their 1.........
    We had three touchdowns, just sayin.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We played with lots of grit tonight after (once again) digging a big hole and stepping into it. Ben is having a great season and did what he could to get us back in. The D played well after the first series and kept the game close, despite allowing six Ravens scores.

We'll see how the rest of the season transpires. It's plausible that the Steelers could run the table, even if it isn't likely. Guess we will find out if this team really has a sack between their legs after all!
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy View Post
    We played with lots of grit tonight after (once again) digging a big hole and stepping into it. Ben is having a great season and did what he could to get us back in. The D played well after the first series and kept the game close, despite allowing six Ravens scores.

We'll see how the rest of the season transpires. It's plausible that the Steelers could run the table, even if it isn't likely. Guess we will find out if this team really has a sack between their legs after all!
    You can't question their heart tonight, except maybe your OSU boy Adams again. Did you see that chump come in for about five plays (when Beachum got hurt). He got flagged once, he twerks his ankle (yes, twerked... it wasn't even a tweak). And he leaves the game AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, leaves the rest of his team hanging.

You don't TWERK your ankle in a must-win game with the game on the line down by eight, and hobble off to the sideline after play five plays, never to return. What an abject pu$s.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    We had three touchdowns, just sayin.

Pappy
    We scored 3 on one drive alone!

Backup

User Info Menu

Man I love watching Troy play, but sometimes he needs to dial it down for situations. I do not know if these calls were tp his man, but the D sure gave up a lot of 3rd and longs. It appeared to me to be like a check down receiver or spud web with a football check down. Nobody was there to take those away , thus keeping those drives going to a field goal. I believe they only punted once the entire game.Giving up 5 field goals showed they could stop them but they needed to stop them on the other side of the 50. I know I state the obvious but I needed to tell somebody my wife doesn't understand FB. Plus I wasn't excited about the 2 point conversion play , to much related to the perfect execution, of both throw and catch. I generally like the offensive play calls, at that point you need to pull something out from the cob webs and go with it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    We scored 3 on one drive alone!
    LOL, I forgot, you got me on that one!

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raycafan View Post
    Man I love watching Troy play, but sometimes he needs to dial it down for situations. I do not know if these calls were tp his man, but the D sure gave up a lot of 3rd and longs. It appeared to me to be like a check down receiver or spud web with a football check down. Nobody was there to take those away , thus keeping those drives going to a field goal. I believe they only punted once the entire game.Giving up 5 field goals showed they could stop them but they needed to stop them on the other side of the 50. I know I state the obvious but I needed to tell somebody my wife doesn't understand FB. Plus I wasn't excited about the 2 point conversion play , to much related to the perfect execution, of both throw and catch. I generally like the offensive play calls, at that point you need to pull something out from the cob webs and go with it.

When they did put the line up on TV, Polamalu was intruduced as LB
    Steeler Nation in Spain