Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: To the Rooneys with respect,

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    If Timmons is a bust, then we have different definitions of what that means. You HATED the selection of Timmons to begin with, so calling him a bust fits your narrative. Objectively it's INSANE to call him a bust.
    this is what fans do when they have an agenda...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Make coach Cowher an offer to return as Head Coach. And if he excepts, remove as many players as possible drafted under Tomlin's regime. And perhaps even make a trade for or draft a QB that he (Coach Cowher) believes in,.....he will take care of Coaching, molding and drafting all other personnel to return our honor on both sides of the ball. (Especially on the defensive side)
    Bill Cowher is NOT coming back as coach or GM. He has a plum gig on TV, he only works during the season in a low pressure job (compared to working for an NFL team)he's a popular and reconnizable figure, he has a girl friend in the music business. Bill Cowher is living large,he would be insane to get back into the NFL......not happening

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've been a timmons critic over the years and still believe his instincts are suspect, but no way you can label him a bust.

overpaid and not enough impact plays, yeah that argument is there.

Legend

User Info Menu

i'd rather bring in someone who isnt 2 for 6 in AFCC games

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I liked Cowher as the Steelers coach. That said, I don't want him back. EVER.

Legend

User Info Menu

Coach Cowher was no more perfect than anyone born of flesh. Nor where all of his decisions. However, no matter what any of you say via this forum,...you all know within your hearts and rational minds that we would not be in such dire straits in terms of capable personnel, and identity were he here as opposed to Tomlin.
    What was our identity when Famous Amos Z won the starting job over Bettis?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Make coach Cowher an offer to return as Head Coach. And if he excepts, remove as many players as possible drafted under Tomlin's regime. And perhaps even make a trade for or draft a QB that he (Coach Cowher) believes in,.....he will take care of Coaching, molding and drafting all other personnel to return our honor on both sides of the ball. (Especially on the defensive side)
    Just don't see Tomlin going anywhere.
    Remove players drafted under Tomlin. Not sure what to make of that.
    Get a qb Cowher believes in. Not sure what to make of that either.
    Return our honor! Wow thats zero for three as far as knowing what the heck you're talking about.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I liked Cowher as the Steelers coach. That said, I don't want him back. EVER.

Yep... it sounds great until you get him back and see us try to go marty ball in the 4th without Bettis.

"Sitting with your girl while you're thinking about your ex" -nas

I was in love with my ex but every time I flirted with the idea of going back she would do something that reminded me why it was a bad idea.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 12-03-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Define "solid" in terms of your perspective sir ?
    Rod -- I don't think my definition is that far from most --

He's the second leading WR on the Steelers.

Overall he's 39th in yardage compared to the rest of the WR's in the league.

Statistically only these "2nd WR's" are doing better than Sanders (and one 3rd WR - Welker) -- which makes him in the Top 3rd of Second WR's.

Brandon Marshall is above him (as a second WR)
    Eric Decker is above him (as a second WR)
    Wes Welker is above him (as a third WR)
    Mike Wallace is above him (as a second WR)
    Larry Fitzgerald is above him (as a second WR)
    Nate Washington is above him (2nd WR)
    James Jones (2nd WR)
    Golden Tate (2nd WR)
    Riley Cooper (2nd WR)

Top 3rd at your position in the NFL I believe is more enough to rank you as "solid".

Is that not enough to rank him as solid in your book?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

However, no matter what any of you say via this forum,...you all know within your hearts and rational minds that we would not be in such dire straits in terms of capable personnel, and identity were he here as opposed to Tomlin.
    Well if it doesn't matter what I write (i.e. say) than this is probably wasted virtual ink.....however many MANY Steelers Fans felt Cowher's last year showed that he was finished and had lost his passion for coaching at the NFL level -- I don't agree with that assessment, but I think if many Steeler fans look back on his last season here -- and his last draft, many may not completely agree that his continued stay here would have been better than Tomlin taking over.

That written Coach Cowher also has had to deal with personal/family issues during this time, and it would be asking too much for him to remain focused on the NFL during that time.

L.B.