Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We come out with 3 bs runs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We come out with 3 bs runs

And the Ravens come out firing, give me a break.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

How did u like that pressure on 3rd and goal?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    And the Ravens come out firing, give me a break.
    I couldn't agree more, 6 runs to start the game and now the offense can't get into rhythm. Ike's play the last fee games has been bad. They need to pick it up on both sides of the ball.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

my thoughts exactly. Sets the tone for the whole stinkin game. Worst play calling I've seen all season.. and in a "Do or die" game. Haley must go.

ernie
    Last edited by Ernie; 11-29-2013 at 01:24 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Where is the friggin' No-huddle?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    This game is too important for Haley to trust Ben. (Shakes head).

Now that the steelers are down by 13 he'll hand the game to Ben. ( shakes head again)

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post

Per Kovacevic, Steelers called only 5 plays out of the no-huddle in the 1st half ...

Or could the coordinator have worried that the quarterback would come running over to the sideline again if he didn't like hearing a different signal?
    What's going on isn't good enough, and if you need more evidence, then listen to Roethlisberger when asked why the Steelers didn't produce much until going to the no-huddle in the fourth quarter.
    “I don't know,” he said. “Maybe with the no-huddle, going up-tempo, working with coach Haley during timeouts … I thought we did well tonight, but we were a little too late.”
    The Steelers called five plays out of the no-huddle in the first half.
    After averaging 31 points in their previous four games, largely because of the no-huddle, they called five plays from it in the first half.
    What did the quarterback think of that?
    “At times, it's hard to do a lot of the things we want to do. But we did it late, and maybe we should have done it earlier. And maybe I should have voiced that a little more. I'll take that on myself, as well.”

Read more: [URL]http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/5139596-74/roethlisberger-steelers-ball#ixzz2m3dSS3nK[/URL]
    Follow us: [URL="http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=d-D-nM8emr4ALpacwqm_6l&u=triblive"]@triblive on Twitter[/URL] | [URL="http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=d-D-nM8emr4ALpacwqm_6l&u=triblive"]triblive on Facebook[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Everybody I talk to thinks Haley is a joke. Hopefully they'll get a real OC next year. What has be ever accomplished?

Backup

User Info Menu

Everyone needs to consider the probability/possibility that those runs were used to set up downstream plays.

The first 2 runs were definitely done with a purpose. The Steelers went with the JUMBO package on 1st and 2nd down while huddling before both plays. As soon as the 2nd down play was over the Steelers immediately went to the line after making a quick substitution for a passing play. Unfortunately something happened and there was an on field time out/ delay that basically negated what the Steelers were trying to do, which was prevent the Ravens from getting their nickle/dime subs on the field (They would have been stuck with fat beef on the field). I think if they could have caught the Ravens, Ben would have found the mismatch and chucked it downfield.

Haley is not the problem. He's patient, probes for weakness and then exploits. This is the reason we start slowly. It's a methodical approach. Plus, he's not the responsible for Ike being burned!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel View Post
    Everyone needs to consider the probability/possibility that those runs were used to set up downstream plays.

The first 2 runs were definitely done with a purpose. The Steelers went with the JUMBO package on 1st and 2nd down while huddling before both plays. As soon as the 2nd down play was over the Steelers immediately went to the line after making a quick substitution for a passing play. Unfortunately something happened and there was an on field time out/ delay that basically negated what the Steelers were trying to do, which was prevent the Ravens from getting their nickle/dime subs on the field (They would have been stuck with fat beef on the field). I think if they could have caught the Ravens, Ben would have found the mismatch and chucked it downfield.

Haley is not the problem. He's patient, probes for weakness and then exploits. This is the reason we start slowly. It's a methodical approach. Plus, he's not the responsible for Ike being burned!

This!

Or for Sushi trying to single-handedly lose us games. Or for Manny playing juggler instead of a WR. Or for Ben throwing bounce passes.