Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A myth about not releasing /trading Woodley

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Based on 2 games? His stats over 4 years aren't nearly as impressive as MW's.
    Allow me to clarify:

I believe Worilds will be the next player to take a big paycheck from another team and then suck...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    They've already toyed with Jones in the middle...
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Allow me to clarify:

I believe Worilds will be the next player to take a big paycheck from another team and then suck...
    Let me clarify: I dont see how he gets a big paycheck

I'm not tooting the Ovi horn on a 4-3, but what if.... you have Woodley, Hood, BPA, and Heyward as your front 4 and Worilds (ROLB), Timmons (MLB), and Jones (ROLB) as your LB's and then go re-stock the secondary well and run a Tampa 2 defense that Tomlin likes? For this defense to resurface, you've got to find that all-too-elusive NT. Stocking a secondary is easier these days. Troy's days in the secondary seem numbered, the dude has lost a step in coverage and seems out of position on long throws. Lebeau may not be back next year either, so I guess it's something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    I'm not tooting the Ovi horn on a 4-3, but what if.... you have Woodley, Hood, BPA, and Heyward as your front 4 and Worilds (ROLB), Timmons (MLB), and Jones (ROLB) as your LB's and then go re-stock the secondary well and run a Tampa 2 defense that Tomlin likes?
    oh no, now you've done it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    I'm not tooting the Ovi horn on a 4-3, but what if.... you have Woodley, Hood, BPA, and Heyward as your front 4 and Worilds (ROLB), Timmons (MLB), and Jones (ROLB) as your LB's and then go re-stock the secondary well and run a Tampa 2 defense that Tomlin likes? For this defense to resurface, you've got to find that all-too-elusive NT. Stocking a secondary is easier these days. Troy's days in the secondary seem numbered, the dude has lost a step in coverage and seems out of position on long throws. Lebeau may not be back next year either, so I guess it's something to think about.
    Oh no now we have lost jooser to the dark side

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Dear Lordy in heaven! It's so easy to slip down that slope after so much pumpkin pie during the holidays...please forgive me...

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Not sure the formation of the Defense is as important as getting the best people on the field.

If the Steelers don't have a dominant 3-4 NT there is always argument for 4-3.

Al Woods looked disruptive. Have him, Heyward & Ziggy at DT, Keisel & Woodley at DE, Worilds could put his hand in the dirt. There's still McLendon & Fangupo to add to the mix.

Would a 4-3 benefit a Vince Williams or Sean Spence? Quite possibly. Could have Timmons play OLB, and Worilds play DE- his college position.

Not saying the Steelers SHOULD go 4-3, just that it isn't as evil or as far fetched as some might want it to be.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Heyward could play both...DE or DT...

Usually in the Tampa-2, the strong side DE is a guy like Heyward...

by Ed Bouchette

Big Todd: Ed, Since it will cost the Steelers $14M to cut Woodley, he does not seem like a reasonable cap causality, so where does that leave this team? Should they cut Troy? How can they resign Worilds with some much dead money in front of them?

Ed Bouchette: I keep hearing about that $14 M figure, but that would be if they cut him before June 1. If they designated him for June 2 or cut him then, he would count only $5.5 M on their cap this year and SAVE them $8 million in cap room and real money.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...#ixzz2nQRTq65E