Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curtis Brown done

Hall of Famer
    Shawn, only on a steeler message board would they consider moving a 2 time probowler, a guy who made the All Pro team, to a different position JUST BECAUSE a guy came off the street and has played well. Not nearly as good as the other guy, but well enough.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Maybe this opens up a spot for a younger guy we don't know about.
    Could be a blessing in disguise
    The Steelers have CB Isiah Green on the practice squad if they want to bring him up or they could get bold and bring in Nnamdi Asomugha.

Shawn- lets not say prematurely that these 2 OT's are wasted draft picks. I have a feeling that Adams is still gonna end up being our LT down the road and Gilbert will be a fixture at RT..... Let us remember that it takes time, a lot of time, to build cohesiveness along the OL. At worst, Adams and Beachum will battle it out at LT. Beach ain't too bad over there atm.

I think all the draft experts can write off a LT in round 1 of the 2014 draft..... Start thinking.....CB or even DL......
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I think all the draft experts can write off a LT in round 1 of the 2014 draft..... Start thinking.....CB or even DL......
    If we win a few more games, we will miss out on one of the Top 3 Left Tackles in this draft. However, I do not think being a 8-8 or even 9-7 team should cause us to miss the fundamental fact that we do not have a good Off Line, and haven't in 3-4 years. Just watch how many short yardage situations where we can't get any push. This OL is still in the bottom half of the NFL and we can't ignore that fact hoping the lights go on for Gilbert and Adams. That was the strategy we went into this year with and it blew up in our face.

We still need a credible Left Tackle and probably Left Guard to really get this offense to perform at the consistent level it has to in order to win another championship.

Since we will likely miss our opportunity to get a good LT, I think the most likely needs in Round 1 are CB and NT. I would not rule out the best TE or ILB in the draft either who will likely be on the board when we select.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Why use a 1st round pick on a CB that will be asked to play with a cushion and tackle the catch?
    Aren't the top CB's drafted usually solid cover corners?
    Unless we are changing up our defense, i don't see the need.
    It took Lewis 3 years to become a starter.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Why use a 1st round pick on a CB that will be asked to play with a cushion and tackle the catch?
    Aren't the top CB's drafted usually solid cover corners?
    Unless we are changing up our defense, i don't see the need.
    It took Lewis 3 years to become a starter.
    Never give up hope that we will change to a defense where Def Linemen attack the QB instead of "occupy linemen" and Cornerbacks cover receivers and try to intercept the pass versus "tackle the catch."
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Rookie
    The more we win, the further we get away from certain players of interest(the top 3 LTs). The talent at CB and DL for the 3-4 we play is probably not there considering where we are likely to pick in Round 1. BPA?

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    do you mean a blown pick like Worilds or Heyward? so many said they were flops for so long. Yesterday and for the last few games, they were our most consistent and best defensive players.

after 3 years and only played because of injuries.............

Steelers place Curtis Brown on IR, sign Isaiah Green from practice squad

November 26, 2013 10:43 AM

By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have placed cornerback Curtis Brown on the injured reserve list after he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his knee Sunday against the Cleveland Browns.

To replace Brown on the 53-man roster, the Steelers have signed cornerback Isaiah Green from their practice squad. They also signed cornerback Devin Smith to the practice squad to fill Green's spot.

Green has spent portions of this season alternating between the roster and practice squad. He has appeared in three games this season and was inactive for two others.

This is the fourth time Smith has been signed to the practice squad.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2...#ixzz2llw4Z1ju