Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Curtis Brown done

  1. #1

    Curtis Brown done

    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6630

    Steelers CB Curtis Brown is out for the season after tearing his ACL in Sunday's win at Cleveland.
    Brown is a deep reserve in the secondary and a special teamer. The 2011 third-round pick will be a poor bet to make the final roster for the last year of his rookie deal in 2014. Nov 25 - 12:14 PM
    Source: Mark Kaboly on Twitter

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,653
    another blown draft pick

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    another blown draft pick
    Some work out...some don't. The draft is a crap shoot.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Some work out...some don't. The draft is a crap shoot.

    yup, and we've been drafting plenty of crap

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,975
    Too bad for Curtis Brown. I hope he recovers well.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    yup, and we've been drafting plenty of crap
    We have hit on many draft picks, including those in later rounds. Shoot, we have one of the best WRs in the NFL, and grabbed him in the 6th round. We have only missed on one first rounder in recent memory. The only big misses I can think of are our OT's.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,970
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    another blown draft pick
    do you mean a blown pick like Worilds or Heyward? so many said they were flops for so long. Yesterday and for the last few games, they were our most consistent and best defensive players.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    do you mean a blown pick like Worilds or Heyward? so many said they were flops for so long. Yesterday and for the last few games, they were our most consistent and best defensive players.
    Many fans act as if the Steelers have missed on all these picks. I can't think of all that many. Thinking about all the guys I think will be, or are good in recent memory...Lewis, Heyward, Timmons, Allen, Wallace, Bell, DeCastro, Pouncey, and likely guys like the Shark, Jones, Golden, Worilds...and shoot Hood may even be a late bloomer.

    I just don't see what all the complaining is about.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Many fans act as if the Steelers have missed on all these picks. I can't think of all that many. Thinking about all the guys I think will be, or are good in recent memory...Lewis, Heyward, Timmons, Allen, Wallace, Bell, DeCastro, Pouncey, and likely guys like the Shark, Jones, Golden, Worilds...and shoot Hood may even be a late bloomer.

    I just don't see what all the complaining is about.
    Right on the mark Shawn. Look at other team's drafts and ours look great.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,023
    Maybe this opens up a spot for a younger guy we don't know about.
    Could be a blessing in disguise

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •