Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hood at NT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think the Woods signing may increase our interest to keep Hood. Got to have players on the DL and I'm not sure you can get anyone in free agency better that would be better than retaining Hood.
    Just sign Keisel to a one year deal, he retires a Steeler and it doesn't cost them anything but the vet minimum, plus there's still a little left in the tank.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Just sign Keisel to a one year deal, he retires a Steeler and it doesn't cost them anything but the vet minimum, plus there's still a little left in the tank.

Pappy
    I would rather go this route as well. The fact that Ziggy Hood has, to this point, only garnered interest as a rotational player from the lowly Jaguars says all we need to know about his ability.

Bring back Keisel for a year, and add somebody at the position. I'd prefer a mid round pick - Brent Urban could be a great fit with a lot of upside.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Kiesel's agent said he will not play for anyone for vet min. So if you bring Kiesel back...Wait until after the draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Id prefer being a man down on the dline than extending hood.

Keisel is the way to go, even if hes a limited rotation player

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers should explore bringing in Alex Carrington (DE), Cam Thomas(NT), & Terrance Cody(NT). If they can get one of them under contract, that would give them some flexibilty. Also eliminate some depth issues going into draft. That wouldn't change anything in the draft...DL would still be addressed if BPA worked out that way.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ed Stinson and Brent Urban are my picks for DEs in the mid rounds this year. Carrington has beena long time favorite of mine, square peg in a round hole in buffalo though

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Ed Stinson and Brent Urban are my picks for DEs in the mid rounds this year. Carrington has beena long time favorite of mine, square peg in a round hole in buffalo though
    I had Urban in many of my mocks. He may be in my final with departures.

Legend

User Info Menu

I know that Hood is one of the board whipping boys, but if we can keep him for a reasonable price he plays a solid if not spectatcular game, he knows the system and he is durable and doesn't miss games. He also has positional flexibility and can play on the nose if he has to.

It's great to say take this guy and that guy in the draft and then do what, wait until 2016 for them to play (like Heyward)? We need people playing the 2014 season and Hood would start Game 1.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know that Hood is one of the board whipping boys, but if we can keep him for a reasonable price he plays a solid if not spectatcular game, he knows the system and he is durable and doesn't miss games. He also has positional flexibility and can play on the nose if he has to.

It's great to say take this guy and that guy in the draft and then do what, wait until 2016 for them to play (like Heyward)? We need people playing the 2014 season and Hood would start Game 1.
    This is much in line with my thinking as well. Ziggy hasn't set the world on fire, but he's been a dependable starter. He keeps himself in shape and, as you mentioned, he already knows the system. I'm not against drafting DL, but I also don't want to have to count on one to start in the fall.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He is a below average player....would be better to role the dice with someone new who has potential to impact the game in a positive way rather than commit to mediocrity of evander hood