Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hood at NT

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I'm all for Hood playing at "NT" next year.

That is if NT stands for: New TEAM

He did alright great. If he wasnt a first rounder we would have given up on him already.
    BINGO. New Team

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

It is also humorous, people thinking that we've simply missed the boat... that it is a simple switch of positions or sides that will salvage this ham & egger. If he was a very good 4-3 DT, wouldn't we have put him in that situation during passing situations, and watched him go Geno Atkins over the league? Of course we would.

It isn't the side, or the scheme... he's just not very good.
    Agree completely. He's played as the inside rusher in passing downs quite a bit in previous seasons, and he never generated any real consistent pressure in the middle.

He has a great work ethic and seems to be a solid citizen, but the reality is that he just isn't that good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Guest: Have we seen the last of the Zigg-meister in a Steeler uniform and would you consider him a bust? I don't see him catching on with another team.

Gerry Dulac: I don't consider him a bust because he's been a serviceable and dependable starter. Plus, don't forget, he was the 32nd pick in the draft -- not exactly a lottery selection. But I'm not going to sit here, either, and say that was a great pick. The problem with Ziggy is he's not sure what kind of player he wants to be. He's the strongest guy on the team, but doesn't play that way.

I think the Steelers would like to bring him back, but they are not going to over-pay him to do so. If he gets a decent offer in free agency, they will not try to match it. But, then, I don't know that he will get that kind of offer from another team. Of course, I learned a long time ago not to underestimate the stupidity of some NFL teams.

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/01/08/Gerry-Dulac-s-Steelers-chat-transcript-1-8-14/stories/2014010801310000000#ixzz2pq76ReYR[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think they will give Hood an offer similar to McClendon. If he doesn't like it they will let him test the market & leave it on the table.

Legend

User Info Menu

there's been a Ziggy Hood sighting:

Emmanuel Sanders and Ziggy Hood in Jacksonville

By Neal Coolong on Mar 12 2014

A report puts Steelers free agents Emmanuel Sanders and Ziggy Hood in Jacksonville meeting with the Jaguars Wednesday.

Maybe Ziggy Hood and Emmanuel Sanders are looking to create their version of LeBron James and Chris Bosh joining Dwayne Wade (Toby Gerhart?) in Jacksonville.

Perhaps it's not quite as provocative, but Ryan O'Halloran of the Jacksonville Union-Tribune reported Wednesday the former Steelers players and free agents are visiting with the Jaguars today, checking things out, and presumably speaking with Jaguars' head coach Gus Bradley.

It may not have anything to do with the price of T-backs in China, but Jaguars defensive coordinator Bob Babich is from Aliquippa, Pa., and was a linebackers coach at Pitt in 1996.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...d-jacksonville[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

A report puts Steelers free agents Emmanuel Sanders and Ziggy Hood in Jacksonville meeting with the Jaguars Wednesday.

Maybe Ziggy Hood and Emmanuel Sanders are looking to create their version of LeBron James and Chris Bosh joining Dwayne Wade (Toby Gerhart?) in Jacksonville.

Perhaps it's not quite as provocative, but Ryan O'Halloran of the Jacksonville Union-Tribune reported Wednesday the former Steelers players and free agents are visiting with the Jaguars today, checking things out, and presumably speaking with Jaguars' head coach Gus Bradley.

It may not have anything to do with the price of T-backs in China, but Jaguars defensive coordinator Bob Babich is from Aliquippa, Pa., and was a linebackers coach at Pitt in 1996.

I'd love to see both end up with Jacksonville, who will likely have to overpay to get anybody to join that team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If they sign elsewhere, it might as well be Jacksonville, because they will probably be overpaid and that will help out comp pick situation.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Woods often gets out leveraged lined up at NT, hes like 6-4 and an absolutely incredible athlete for 300+ pounds but he was better at DE in a Ngata role. I will really miss him, John Mitchell HATES raw players and it took years for him to shake that label and finally get in the rotation.

Hood has somewhat of a maxed out frame, not sure he could put on the weight to play NT but you are right he was ONLY ever effective lined up over center, he could win one on one battles lined up over interior lineman very well and hold his own against double teams

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This KILLED me lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the Woods signing may increase our interest to keep Hood. Got to have players on the DL and I'm not sure you can get anyone in free agency better that would be better than retaining Hood.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"