Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Steelers Have Given Up...

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Ike was not in cover zero against Gordon. He wasn't following him around like he does against guys like green or Johnson. What Gordon did Sunday had very little to do with Taylor performance wise and everyone would know that if you watched the game.
    Where did I say anything about either Gordon or Ike's coverage of him in Sunday's game?

After watching Ike all season, I hardly think it's outlandish to say that his performance has declined somewhat, and therefore we have too much money tied up in an aging player relative to what we can expect out of him.

It's not just Ike. There are several aging players that are costing this team too much. We need to figure out how to rectify that situation, if we're going to be contenders in the next few years. It may require releasing some players, or getting some of them to take a pay cut...

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Ike was not in cover zero against Gordon. He wasn't following him around like he does against guys like green or Johnson. What Gordon did Sunday had very little to do with Taylor performance wise and everyone would know that if you watched the game.
    I'm glad I'm not alone in watching the Defense and its design. Ike Taylor gave up maybe 4 of those catches for abot 50 yards. The rest, as Snatch98 said, came from zone D and 5-10 yard crossing routes against the zone which falls mostly on Timmons.