Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Browns use the 'h' word about Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Browns use the 'h' word about Steelers

The Cleveland Browns were doing some chattering today in the locker room.

The subject: The Pittsburgh Steelers.

The feelings: Not exactly great.

Ahtyba Rubin said a lot of people in the locker room hate Pittsburgh, and Willis McGahee said he expects the game will be nasty.

“Hate is a strong word,” defensive tackle Phil Taylor said. “But I really do dislike them.”

Rubin went further.

“They’re playing dirty," Rubin said. “We’re playing dirty. It’s just that type of game.”

The Steelers and Browns have a long history of nastiness. Several years ago, punter Chris Gardocki took on the Steelers bench after what he thought was a cheap shot after a punt from Joey Porter. James Harrison changed the NFL’s rules for concussion protocols for his late and cheap hit on Colt McCoy.

Even in a meaningless 24-10 Pittsburgh win to end the 2012 season, there were hijinks.

First Pittsburgh’s Steve Legursky gave Browns linebacker Craig Robertson a late hit to the knees.

Later in the game, Browns defensive tackle

Phil Taylor

shoved Steelers tackle Kelvin Beachum from behind well behind the play; Beachum’s head hit the frozen ground and he left with a concussion.

“I was just playing through the whistle,” Taylor said.

Pittsburgh disagreed in the strongest terms, and the league fined Taylor for the hit.

In some ways the Browns words sound a little hollow. The Steelers have dominated the Browns since 1999, and the Browns have yet to prove consistently they are at Pittsburgh’s level.

Talk means little when a team is flailing.

But the Browns and Steelers usually produce some gnarly football.

With something at stake, Sunday should be no different.

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/1981/browns-use-the-h-word-about-steelers?ex_cid=espnapi_public[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Rankings:

2013 OVERALL NFL RANKINGS

Offense
    Passing Yards = 267 - Rank = 7th ------- Rushing Yards = 76.5 - Rank = 30th

Defense
    Passing Yards = 215.6 - Rank = 8th ------- Rushing Yards = 125.2 - Rank = 26th
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I as a fan HATE the Browns, that's just the way it is. Sorry, I grew up in Cleveland and the hate runs deep. But since I have moved away, I am gaining some respect for the team. They are consistent bottom dwellers, but Hoyer brought them some giddy-up. They are a tough out, and always play us tough, no matter the record. It should be a good game, but if we lose, then we don't deserve the playoffs like some are talking.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Growing up, I hated the Browns...I still hate the Browns now that their name is the Ravens...

I can muster an intense ambivalence for the expansion team currently in Cleveland...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Growing up, I hated the Browns...I still hate the Browns now that their name is the Ravens...

I can muster an intense ambivalence for the expansion team currently in Cleveland...
    Money post

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

First Pittsburgh’s Steve Legursky gave Browns linebacker Craig Robertson a late hit to the knees.

Steve Legursky? Does anyone proofread anymore?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Steelers Rankings:

2013 OVERALL NFL RANKINGS

Offense
    Passing Yards = 267 - Rank = 7th ------- Rushing Yards = 76.5 - Rank = 30th

Defense
    Passing Yards = 215.6 - Rank = 8th ------- Rushing Yards = 125.2 - Rank = 26th
    Its a "passing league" now, haven't you heard?
    Who cares about the run? Gone is 70s style Yinzerball.

YEAH those idiots who are stuck in the past FINALLY GET IT.

Finally, the top 10 passing team WE ALWAYS DREAMED OF is HERE.

With the stats above, there is no doubt that this is the best Steeler team EVER.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-23-2013 at 10:33 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

True, but I cannot call them an expansion team as they were there before the ravens and the hated john harbaugh. in my mind, they are just the browns. pure, unadulterated sheet stains on the nfl. but for whatever reason give the black n gold fits, that's cool though, whatever brings us up to "the standard". All laughing aside, let's please kill this team.

Legend

User Info Menu

They left out a couple of cheap shots on Roethlisberger over the past few years. But at least they didn't forget about 'ol Stevie Legursky.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    True, but I cannot call them an expansion team as they were there before the ravens and the hated john harbaugh. in my mind, they are just the browns. pure, unadulterated sheet stains on the nfl. but for whatever reason give the black n gold fits, that's cool though, whatever brings us up to "the standard". All laughing aside, let's please kill this team.
    The point is that the Ravens ARE the ORIGINAL Browns we grew up hating. It is not like the Ravens came from nowhere. Modell MOVED THE BROWNS team to Baltimore but left the name for the true "new" team which is the current Browns. Hatred for the Ravens comes from its history as the original Browns, long before Harbaugh came along. Add to that the Raven's smack talk from the beginning and their being the true competition for division supremacy, along with being the original Browns, these current Browns arent close to the Ravens on my "hate-o-meter".

TCFCLTC-