Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: These Steelers Better Than Those Steelers

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Woodley has done 100X more for this team than Worilds. He helped win a SB in 2008 and get back there in 2010. Why not look through that prism? How much of Worilds rookie contract has he earned? What exactly has he done? He was benched THIS year. Now he's had two good games and people love the guy. He's beaten two rookies and the clowns. I'll take one SB win and another showing over what Worilds has done against Detroit and the clowns.
    Bingo.. sure Woodley has slow starts and he's gone MIA at times but we didn't give him this big contract because he was a bum.

Legend
    I'd really be for trying to use Woodley and Worilds as our OLBs and see if Jarvis can play in the middle next to Timmons. Timmons just like JJ was drafted to play on the outside and the reality is he just doesn't have an effective pass rush and has looked much better inside. Why couldn't we do the same with JJ?

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'd really be for trying to use Woodley and Worilds as our OLBs and see if Jarvis can play in the middle next to Timmons. Timmons just like JJ was drafted to play on the outside and the reality is he just doesn't have an effective pass rush and has looked much better inside. Why couldn't we do the same with JJ?
    The problem is that Jones is 24 years old. Timmons was 21. Jones doesn't have the speed or quickness of Timmons. Putting him inside means he has to run with RBs and TEs. Jones isn't fast and he struggles when he needs to change direction. Not good for an ILB.