Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's better for us - BAL or NYJ to win this Sunday?

What's better for us - BAL or NYJ to win this Sunday?

For wild card, we want to stay ahead of Jets, I figure, having won the head-to-head against them.

But how does BAL fit in ... do we _always_ want them to lose, even if that means the Jets win?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    For wild card, we want to stay ahead of Jets, I figure, having won the head-to-head against them.

But how does BAL fit in ... do we _always_ want them to lose, even if that means the Jets win?
    Division first. We want Ravens to lose. #1 Steelers have to try & win Division #2 Steelers have to finish 2nd in Division #3 Wildcard

Legend
    I don't care. I hope they kill each other and soften up Baltimore for when we play them.

Both teams aren't that good and are bound to lose more games this year. We just need to take care of our own business!!!

I say Baltimore. If we operate on the premise that we are going to beat them next week, then we'll be knocking them behind us, plus have the tie-breaker. Right now, the Jets are a game up on us and own the 6th spot. All we can do is hope they lose a game and here is the first chance for that.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Hall of Famer
    If the Steelers don't finish 2nd in the Division they are going home. By not hoping for any team in the Division not to lose you are giving the Steelers no margin for error in Wild Card. They need to put as much room as possible between the Ravens & Browns. Worrying about the head to head with the Jets doesn't mean anything if another team has the same record in the AFC unless we beat them too. Right now...It's the Bills. It's Division or #6...And you have no shot being considered for #6 if you don't finish #2.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I say Baltimore. If we operate on the premise that we are going to beat them next week, then we'll be knocking them behind us, plus have the tie-breaker. Right now, the Jets are a game up on us and own the 6th spot. All we can do is hope they lose a game and here is the first chance for that.
    Here is your thought process taking into account tie breakers. If Ravens & Steelers win...And Ravens beat Steelers...The Ravens are essentially two games up on Steelers & visa versa with 4 to go. Raven lose & Steelers win...And Ravens beat Steelers...Ravens one game up. Ravens lose & Steelers win...Steelers beat Ravens...Steelers 3 games up on Ravens & 2 games up on Browns with 4 to go. Again, have to make this a Two Horse race in the AFCN.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 11-22-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I don't care. I hope they kill each other and soften up Baltimore for when we play them.

Both teams aren't that good and are bound to lose more games this year. We just need to take care of our own business!!!
    It would be nice to see Flacco and Rice knocked out of the game for a week.

Always want to see the Ravens lose no matter what, however I think they win this week.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

First, we must take care of our business... Beating the Browns is the only game that matters... Now, as long as we do that we can look at the other games this Sunday... I am for the Ravens so the jets will fall to 5-6 and also put Baltimore at 5-6, creating a VERY important game this Thursday. We also want KC to beat SD to drop the Chargers farther back from us. Carolina could also help us out by beating Miami as well. The only other game that is affecting us is the Titans vs Raiders game.... Unfortunately they both have the same records as us and they are playing each other. A tie would be the best case scenario here but more than likely one will be 5-6 with the tie breaker over us after this weekend (assuming we beat CLE). In conclusion.... LETS GO STEELERS!!!

which ever gives us the best chances for the playoffs.

Over the past few years, this is a typical game that the Steelers have had trouble winning. I don't like the Steelers chances in CLE again this year.