Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Still Doubt Brown? Hello?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Brown is okay in my book. I think if the offensive line keeps protecting Ben with even more time and safety that they have been doing, Ben, Brown, Cotchery and Miller could be the Fantastic Four of the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Brown is okay in my book. I think if the offensive line keeps protecting Ben with even more time and safety that they have been doing, Ben, Brown, Cotchery and Miller could be the Fantastic Four of the NFL.
    If Brown is just okay, can I ask what he needs to do to have you think he's a top WR in the NFL? I know he's not 6'4" tall and he doesn't weigh 220 pounds, however, he gets open, makes plays, makes tough catches, blocks, and has to be accounted for by the defense.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    If Brown is just okay, can I ask what he needs to do to have you think he's a top WR in the NFL? I know he's not 6'4" tall and he doesn't weigh 220 pounds, however, he gets open, makes plays, makes tough catches, blocks, and has to be accounted for by the defense.

Pappy
    and an occasional punt return for TD

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pappy
    Okay in my book = I'm happy with him. Take a chill pill.

Starter

User Info Menu

Has anyone ever gone back and looked at Brown's college stats? Catching tons of passes is what he's been doing since he was a freshman. Nothing he does now is really a surprise to me anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy
    Plus can run back punts for TDs which is another skill our former WR with supposed blazing speed also couldn't do
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Plus can run back punts for TDs which is another skill our former WR with supposed blazing speed also couldn't do
    Forget running - can you imagine Wallace even being able to catch a punt? Too much required coordination for that guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Has anyone ever gone back and looked at Brown's college stats? Catching tons of passes is what he's been doing since he was a freshman. Nothing he does now is really a surprise to me anymore.
    A friend of mine's brother used to coach at Central Michigan and said Brown was insane... he said we were in for a treat when we drafted him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Whom do we credit for the quality receivers we have seemed to have gotten here in the not so long ago past ? Was it Arians, Scouts, Tomlin, Colbert ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    A friend of mine's brother used to coach at Central Michigan and said Brown was insane... he said we were in for a treat when we drafted him.
    Your friend wasn't joking, that's for sure. It's no doubt that the Steelers didn't waste time giving Brown his contract and not messing too much with Wallace. When they did that, I knew they knew Brown would be more than enough as our go to guy when it comes to receiver. To me, Brown is offering up more than Wallace in his own way. Teams are still keying on him and with that, our other guys are getting the ball. Also, Brown seems to make more happen and does more of the pony stuff that Tomlin was speaking about.