Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's very simple...

Legend

User Info Menu

The Good News:
    The Steelers are currently a 1 pt dog, and PIT is 3-1 as the dog.

The Bad News:
    PIT is 0-2 in division games, and 1-6 in the conference.

The Neutral:
    As an away dog the Steelers are 1-1, as a home favorite CLE is 1-1

If you look at seasonal stats the teams are fairly evenly matched. The bright spot is that CLE allows RZ scoring on 2 out of 3 plays.
    I think the true difference is in recent play. The Steelers appear on an upswing, the Browns not so much. Still Ray Horton has put together a nice version of LeBeau's defense in Cleveland and I suspect scoring won't come easy. Maybe even a game of FGs.

Backup

User Info Menu

Couple of thoughts...

1. We're 1 - 1 in the division, aren't we? We beat the Ratbirds at home week 7. 2. The Bungals playing well? Prior to being gifted a W by Cleveland turnovers last week while Andy Dalton threw for all of 93 yards, they had lost back to back to Miami and the Rats.

As I'm seeing this thing, the #6 seed isn't the target - the #4 seed is. Our next three are at Cleveland, at Baltimore, Miami... all winnable games. Cincy has bye, at San Diego, Indy at home. It's tough to win on the west coast for any Eastern Time Zone team (see Steelers, Pittsburgh, week , and Indy has already beaten San Fran, Denver, and Seattle this year. Cincy's offense has been horrible for the entire month of November. We could be playing for the division lead by the time they roll in here on December 15.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Good News:
    The Steelers are currently a 1 pt dog, and PIT is 3-1 as the dog.

The Bad News:
    PIT is 0-2 in division games, and 1-6 in the conference.

The Neutral:
    As an away dog the Steelers are 1-1, as a home favorite CLE is 1-1

If you look at seasonal stats the teams are fairly evenly matched. The bright spot is that CLE allows RZ scoring on 2 out of 3 plays.
    I think the true difference is in recent play. The Steelers appear on an upswing, the Browns not so much. Still Ray Horton has put together a nice version of LeBeau's defense in Cleveland and I suspect scoring won't come easy. Maybe even a game of FGs.
    Where are you getting these stats?

We are 1-1 in the division

We are 3-4 in the AFC conference

I think your record must be against the spread.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Where are you getting these stats?

We are 1-1 in the division

We are 3-4 in the AFC conference

I think your record must be against the spread.

Aaaaarghhhh... my bad. It's actually the over/under records..... nice catch feltdizz

Looking at won/loss....

As away dog PIT is 0-2, home favorite CLE is 1-1

In conference, PIT CLE are identical 3-4

In division, PIT 1-1 CLE 2-2

Teams are pretty evenly matched... may come down to weather... right now looking like very cold rain showers.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Now we just need Oakland and Tennessee to tie...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    That would be great.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Patience. The Raiders finish at Dallas, at the Jets, home to KC, at San Diego and home to Denver - brutal. Tennessee's next 3 are at Denver, at Indy, home to Bruce and the Cards. It'll be a near miracle if teams quarterbacked by Matt McGloin and Ryan Fitzpatrick, respectively, put up enough wins against those schedules to finish better than 7 - 9.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    Patience. The Raiders finish at Dallas, at the Jets, home to KC, at San Diego and home to Denver - brutal. Tennessee's next 3 are at Denver, at Indy, home to Bruce and the Cards. It'll be a near miracle if teams quarterbacked by Matt McGloin and Ryan Fitzpatrick, respectively, put up enough wins against those schedules to finish better than 7 - 9.
    I like your perspective..