Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: It's very simple...

  1. #1

    It's very simple...

    When the Jets and Miami lose Sunday....and the Raiders and Titans TIE......a win and we are in the #6 Spot......BOOM!

  2. #2
    Starter AzStillers1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Worcester, MA, United States
    Posts
    517
    Lmao I was sitting earlier looking at the standings and I came up with the same scenario for how we could be in that final wild card spot after week 12. While highly unlikely those two tie, if we win and the other pieces fall into place, we can be in that 7 spot with 5 games left...

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,357
    4-2 over the last 6 will get us to 8-8, which may be good enough to get in. 5-1 will get us to 9-7 which is practically a lock this year. Are there four wins out of Balt, Cinn, Cle, Cle, GB, and Miami? If we can continue rising like we have during the last 6 games, it just might be possible.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  4. #4
    Starter AzStillers1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Worcester, MA, United States
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    4-2 over the last 6 will get us to 8-8, which may be good enough to get in. 5-1 will get us to 9-7 which is practically a lock this year. Are there four wins out of Balt, Cinn, Cle, Cle, GB, and Miami? If we can continue rising like we have during the last 6 games, it just might be possible.
    It all starts this Sunday in Cleveland .

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,457
    Forget the #6 seed, the #1 seed is still mathematically possible!!!!!

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,357
    We aren't the only ones thinking it...http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7244--nfl.html ... So the Steelers are the team with the AFC sixth-seed hot potato this week?
    Yes, but only because Pittsburgh has won two straight games, and Ben Roethlisberger had 367 passing yards and four touchdowns against the Detroit Lions. That being said, Cleveland could knock off Pittsburgh on Sunday, and we will be back at square one. The only division tougher to figure out is the NFC North (thanks, Lions).
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    We aren't the only ones thinking it...http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7244--nfl.html ... So the Steelers are the team with the AFC sixth-seed hot potato this week?
    Yes, but only because Pittsburgh has won two straight games, and Ben Roethlisberger had 367 passing yards and four touchdowns against the Detroit Lions. That being said, Cleveland could knock off Pittsburgh on Sunday, and we will be back at square one. The only division tougher to figure out is the NFC North (thanks, Lions).
    You know, if we sneak in as the 6 seed and win, we'll have to go to Denver. Ryan Clark won't be able to play. The only thing is it might actually be a blessing in disguise this time around

  8. #8
    Starter AzStillers1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Worcester, MA, United States
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You know, if we sneak in as the 6 seed and win, we'll have to go to Denver. Ryan Clark won't be able to play. The only thing is it might actually be a blessing in disguise this time around
    The only game that matters is the one on Sunday in Cleveland. Take care of our buissness first, worry about the rest after. Let's Go Steelers!!!

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    4-2 over the last 6 will get us to 8-8, which may be good enough to get in. 5-1 will get us to 9-7 which is practically a lock this year. Are there four wins out of Balt, Cinn, Cle, Cle, GB, and Miami? If we can continue rising like we have during the last 6 games, it just might be possible.
    The thing working in our favor is that except for the Bumgals, none of the teams you list are playing well. If we can sweep the Browns and beat a struggling Green Bay and Miami it all gets down to one win from either the Ravens or Bumgals.

    My one concern is that Green Bay gets Rodgers back by the time we play them. That could have a huge impact on to whether we sneak into the play offs or just did well enough to screw up our draft position and put one of the better Left Tackles out of reach.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,113
    Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    The only game that matters is the one on Sunday in Cleveland. Take care of our buissness first, worry about the rest after. Let's Go Steelers!!!
    Here, here!!

    We've stacked a couple wins this year already only to go down to a team we should have beaten "on paper." Let's just try to enjoy the Browns game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •